Human Resources at Avanti Fellows
Views:958 Applications:107 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:53
Avanti Fellows - Senior Program Manager - Project Sankalp - Government of Haryana (2-3 yrs)
About Avanti Fellows
Avanti was established in 2010 to help improve college access for disadvantaged students. Our programs focus on improving Math and Science learning in Government school systems across India. Avanti aims to improve the quality of education and opportunities for able but marginalized students, with a cost effective scalable model, which combines technological innovation, quality curriculum and collaborative - peer learning- . Our mission is to provide high-quality education to under-served children aspiring to study in India's top colleges.
Avanti has long-standing MoUs with the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (17 schools), the Government of Haryana (219 schools ) through which we work with over 45,000 students across the country. Avanti's work has been recognised through the Ashoka Fellowship, the Echoing Green Fellowship and the Draper Richards Kaplan Fellowship.Our work is supported by the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation, the MacArthur Foundation, Tata Trusts, The Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation, Tata Motors, Volkswagen, Infosys Foundation and other HNIs.
About Project Sankalp
The Government of Haryana has collaborated with Avanti to impart Blended Learning Science and Mathematics program in Grade IX- XII Science and Mathematics by integrating with the ICT (information and communication technology) platform. The aim of the project is to convert 160 Hindi medium and 59 English medium government schools into model centers of excellence by bringing about pedagogical and systemic change, using existing government personnel and resources. This is a one of its kind intervention as the program is meant to leverage the current resources and systems existing in government structure and strengthening it to ensure a sustainable outcome.
Role and Responsibilities
The role would involve owning up particular aspects of the program primarily stakeholder management, planning and reporting.
1. Stakeholder Relationship Management (50%)
- Coordinate with govt. personnels and program management team on day to day basis for smooth planning and coordination and getting the tasks done. (You will be oriented on various functions of govt. systems and relevant people at the beginning of the job)
- Strategize and plan with govt officials various activities and permissions and ensure required support to govt officials to help in smoother running of program
- Escalate ground level operational issues pertaining to schools/districts in coordination with senior govt officials and strategise action plans
- Follow-up on regular basis on various govt teams for support work such as vendor management, IT cell, procurement dept. etc
2. Strategy and Planning (25%)
- Support operations team with correct strategy and planning with respect to understanding of govt readiness and availability of resources
- Plan ahead in time for yearly project activities so that necessary permissions can be taken well in advance.
3. Communication and Report Making (25%)
- Set up processes and relevant communication strategies with govt officials for regular meeting and updates
- Use operations dashboards, assessment data, qualitative data to prepare reports for government officials highlighting success rate and issues to be resolved on a regular interval
- Draft permission letters for various activities and permissions for govt. Along with supporting data needed to carry out the activity.
Must haves :
- Bachelors in Technology or relevant experience/information about Science streams
- Problem Solving attitude - experience of 1-2 years in consulting firms or fast paced startup environment
- Strong communication, organization and exceptional people skills. Command over written and spoken English and Hindi.
- Willingness to travel 30% of the time in specific months at the state/district/block level in program geographies and head office (Delhi)
- Supervisory experience and management and team building skills, especially in a multicultural setting
- Experience in Government projects in the development sector would be an added advantage.
Experience: 2-3 years experience in consulting firms, startups
CTC- 7 to 10 LPA
(The salary will vary on the basis of individual candidate profile and interview performance)
Joining date: Immediate