Attorney - Legal & Regulatory Matters - Mutual Fund - LLB (4-6 yrs)
We are currently hiring for a fortune 500 listed MNC client for their Legal team.
The role will focus primarily on legal and regulatory matters relating to the wholesale and institutional distribution business. Specific responsibilities include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating distribution marketing and other agreements relating to the distribution and purchase of groups of funds with distributors and investors globally.
- Supporting the wholesale distribution of Investments product range by assisting EMEA lawyers on the registration and maintenance of our fund ranges in multiple jurisdictions.
- Providing legal support on global asset management business initiatives, including within EMEA, US and Asia.
- Researching and advising on developments in the law, regulation and practices as required on an ad-hoc basis.
- Reviewing and assisting in the negotiation of multiple contractual arrangements including trading agreements, non-disclosure agreements, paying agent agreements and investment account opening documentation including powers of attorney.
- Assisting on global sub-custody account opening documentation.
Essential: Mature, professional demeanor. Strong attention to detail, organization, and ability to successfully manage several ongoing assignments. Ability to work independently and proactively, to multi-task and demonstrate a strong sense of urgency. Dedicated team player who can thrive in a global, dynamic and team-oriented environment. a qualified lawyer with experience of advising on the distribution of asset management product and services within EMEA and ideally globally ideally, with four to six years- experience providing legal support to an asset management/financial services business or working at a law firm within its asset management practice group.
- Experience working within a global financial services or asset management company ideally
- Experience with and understanding of the laws and regulations relating to the distribution of asset management products and services ideally within Europe and globally
- Assisting with sales governance processes
- Understanding of asset management products
- External: External legal counsel; institutional and wholesale distribution clients
- Internal: Legal and compliance colleagues; operational staff, distribution, sales and clients service professionals
Education: Law graduate
P.S. Experience in International/ Local (Indian) Mutual Fund industry is mandatory.