Attorney - IPR - Technology Legal Practice Group - Big4 - LLB (4-8 yrs)
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co. is responsible for the provision of legal services to the Corporation. The department also includes the Office of the Secretary.
Legal is organized by Practice Groups that conform to the organization of the Firms lines of business (LOBs) and corporate staff areas, allowing the legal staff to work closely with specific groups on a daily basis. Each line of business has an LOB General Counsel who reports to the Firms General Counsel, and each LOB Legal team includes multiple Practice Groups. This structure provides the means for the legal teams to communicate legal and regulatory changes to the businesses and staff areas, and for the LOBs and staff areas to communicate business developments that have legal or regulatory implications to the legal teams in a timely manner.
The Technology Legal Practice Group, which reports to the Corporate and Regulatory Law General Counsel, provides legal coverage across all LOBs in the areas of Intellectual Property, Cybersecurity, Privacy, Technology Transactions, and Emerging Technologies.
The Technology Legal Practice Group is currently seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented Intellectual Property Attorney with 4 to 8 years of experience in patent preparation and prosecution, assessing inventions to develop intellectual property protection strategies, intellectual property enforcement and litigation, and third-party intellectual property clearance.
This attorney also will be responsible for providing advice with respect to technology-related transactional issues, including negotiating and drafting agreements, interpreting agreements to advise clients on rights and responsibilities, and performing due diligence for strategic investments and M&A deals. Experience with trademark, copyright, and internet-related legal matters in also desirable. The attorney will support all lines of business and corporate staff areas.
Location and Reporting Lines :
The position is in Mumbai, at J.P. Morgans Corporate Centre (MCC), reporting to the Intellectual Property Legal team in the US with local supervision at the MCC.
The candidate will primarily :
- Process invention disclosures, including determining an appropriate intellectual property protection strategy and working with outside counsel to draft and prosecute patent applications that thoroughly and accurately protect inventions
- Assist with trademark clearance, registration, and prosecution
- Perform legal research
- Prepare legal guidance documents and training materials for internal clients.
The candidate will also :
- Structure, draft, and negotiate various technology, intellectual property and other agreements, such as software licenses, maintenance agreements, equipment purchase/maintenance agreements, outsourcing agreements and professional services agreements
- Provide technology and intellectual property law advice and counsel to the internal clients and partners
- Review, interpret, and analyze agreements, advising clients and partners on rights and responsibilities related to those agreements, including in light of JPMorgan Chase policies and regulatory guidance
- 4-8 years of relevant intellectual property experience in a law firm or corporate law department
- In-house experience in the financial services industry or technology industry desirable
- Some experience in negotiating contracts preferred, including intellectual property licensing, software license, outsourcing, equipment purchase, application service provider, data processing, consulting, professional and other services
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
- Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
The candidate must have passed the Patent Agent Exam and be a registered patent agent
Computer science or application development background is the preferred technical background.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.