Athena Infonomics - Lead Consultant - Monitoring/Learning & Evaluation (8-12 yrs)
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
- What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Design and implement robust experimental, quasi experimental and quantitative and mixed-methods evaluations, research and monitoring systems;
- Oversee the delivery of ongoing programs;
- Strategically build the practice and lead business development including scoping and developing proposals and tender responses;
- Manage a team of consultants and analysts and ensure high quality outputs;
- Ensure effective management of budgets;
- Proactively contribute to management and organization development activities including thought leadership, training etc.;
- Work collaboratively with team members, sub-contractors and clients, often across multiple countries.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Master's degree in economics, development studies, sociology, psychology or a related field;
- Knowledge and experience in econometrics and statistics;
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience with bilateral and multilateral organizations (particularly in MEL or related fields);
- Entrepreneurial attitude to handle challenging tasks, deal with ambiguity and shoulder responsibility;
- Excellent project management skills to ensure quality and timely delivery;
- Demonstrated experience in client management;
- Demonstrated skills in evaluation design (experimental, quasi experimental and mixed method approaches);
- Experience in adaptive learning and implementation science/co-production of knowledge is a bonus;
- Knowledge or experience of how ICT can be applied to MEL, or development more widely is a plus;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills. Must be able to express ideas effectively in a clear and concise manner. Prior experience of writing reports, creating client presentations and publishing research papers is strongly preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Logical thinking and strong analytical abilities;
- Ability to work with a team and meet deadlines;
- Attention to detail and good time management.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, a cover letter along with the following information :
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
Current location (City):
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.