Associate Vice President - Technology - P&C Insurance (15-20 yrs)
Job Description Summary:
Leader with 15+ years of experience either in IT with strong focus on business analysis and consulting in (re)insurance vertical or business practitioner in (re)insurance domain with broad experience of transitioning to the information systems career path
Organizational Unit: Technology
Reporting directly to VP, Technology, the AVP technology is a highly visible position central to the overall solution delivery ownership and client relationship. With a P&L responsibility, you will sell, lead and execute to develop and deliver Insurance industry-centric business solutions, helping the Insurance industry turn digital disruptions into competitive advantage. Your unit will bring together Insurance industry talent, domain knowledge and agile capabilities, to simplify processes, enhance operating environments, mitigate operational risks, modernize operating models and increase process efficiency and effectiveness for clients.
Given the transformation agenda impacting the entire Insurance industry, this is arguably a career-defining opportunity for an ambitious and talented individual with a long and well documented track record of success in business consulting and solution delivery to the (re)insurance industry. This will translate into a great opportunity for delivering technology solutions, identifying client opportunities, talent management and competency building.
- Act as a SME in one or more aspects of Reinsurance / Insurance Operations and demonstrate good appreciation of the entire insurance lifecycle and the business challenges faced in those operations and the industry as a whole.
- Conduct discovery exercise to understand clients business needs, existing business processes and solutions etc. and help the customer draw out a holistic long-term strategy
- Conduct business analysis, from requirement definition and elicitation to interacting with technical designers to delivering on behalf of Product Team or clients a novel and rich business solution
- Envision and deliver best of breed solutions products with minimal inputs from clients in solutioning
- Lead in business development initiatives, RFP response presentation and pre-sales engagements
- Lead client interactions to understand their business requirements and offer them on an optimal solution; articulate the business solution to internal organization and review the overall response that addresses client needs
- Represent the organization in different forums, seminars, conferences as a brand ambassador of the company
- Drive the functional CoE agenda in helping enhance Insurance/ Reinsurance knowledge across the organization and build business consulting and analysis capability within the technology organization
- Build front line business consultants and analysts who have depth and breadth of business understanding and can act as partners to our customers in helping them solve some of the most challenging business problems
- Write or otherwise contribute to white papers related to the industry
- Keep up to date on current trends in insurance and reinsurance business
- Drive the talent management effort for Technology, including hiring, developing, training and retaining a best in class team spread across geographies
- Develop competencies and resources in view of expectations of Insurance + Technology industry
Excellence in strategic and analytical problem solving - quantitative, fact-based approach to team-based problem solving and strategic approach to addressing issues and offering solutions. Candidates should have an aptitude for analytical concepts and thinking.
Business acumen and IT knowledge - strong business development skills. Must understand current market trends, challenges and risks and in the global (re)insurance industry.
Outstanding leadership and communication skills - polished verbal and written communication style. Ability to confidently build a strong rapport with project teams and the client.
Personal drive - Entrepreneurial drive with a can-do attitude, a strong desire to learn and shape your own career path. Commitment to making a positive and lasting client impact.
Self-guided attitude - The ability to succeed in a professional environment where client and project direction is not always well defined. Qualified candidates will understand how to produce results when working in challenging client environments and/or new business areas.
Cultural adaptability - The ability to work in a globally distributed environment with customers based in different regions across US/UK/AU/NZ/SG/HK and the workforce primarily of an Indian origin
- Strong experience in Systems and associated Data analysis using structured methods (e.g. UML) to define business requirements / use cases and business processes (e.g. BPMN techniques) including process optimization (as-is and to-be)
- Demonstrable experience of working in projects & business of international (re)insurance markets (e.g. London, Bermuda, USA)
- Background as a practicing software engineer with significant experience in the sector and exposure to processes and operations or (re)insurance business practitioner with broad experience of transitioning to the information systems career path with demonstrable experience in structured techniques
- Excellence in Engagement Management derived from outstanding communication skills with the ability to mentor and motivate developers, leads, and peers.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in the (re)insurance vertical
- Experience of leading teams of 25+ people
- Excellent networking and influencing skills
- Knowledge of European languages (e.g. German) will be a big plus
Your career growth is important we are a fast growing, global organization and want our teammates to grow with us. Our training and mentorship programs act as a catalyst to your professional development and will help expand your growing skills to bring out your very best. We have many internal career opportunities over the course of your career with us, your goals may shift and/or your interests may change. We keep the team informed about new positions and programs that will enable you to explore different opportunities that help advance your career. We understand the work life balance We ensure our team members strike a happy and healthy work life balance through internal support systems and peer encouragement. We want you to enjoy your career with us. people come first We strive to build a diverse and inclusive working environment by encouraging free exchange of ideas, respect for differences, and well-being in the workplace for everyone. Your contributions contribute to our collective success as a global company. We build engaged and motivated teams Challenge and variety are a part of our dynamic and interactive environment, which makes each day new and exciting. We strive to introduce new experiences into our work life through our team member engagement, fun at work initiatives, and social activities inside and outside our organization.
We believe in and embrace our core values perfection, honesty and collaboration. We encourage you to join our team and share in these values with us. We know these values will help define your work ethic and support our customers and the industry we serve.