Associate Vice President - Record To Report - BFSI (13-20 yrs)
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR RECORDS TO REPORTS
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB :
- The RTR lead will be responsible for overall accounting operations, payroll, taxes, fixed assets, Intercompany, book closure and consolidation.
- Manage volumes and financials for the tower
- Drive process improvement initiatives and thereby meet productivity targets
- Manage the daily accounting transactions to ensure accurate and timely reporting of the company's consolidated financial results in accordance with GAAP.
- Support management and operations by providing timely and accurate management reports and analysis.
- Responsibilities include: general accounting, payroll, fixed asset, treasury, Intercompany, financial statements and internal accounting controls; oversight of financial audits, examination and other accounting or tax services, accounting systems and policies and procedures.
- Lead and direct the company's global financial close processes to ensure timely monthly, quarterly, and annual global financial statement results
- Manage global process and delivery covering 2-3 delivery centers
- Initiate and drive process improvements to the global process, be it elimination of waste, standardize the process across regions, automation etc-
- Control all accounting operations including payroll, taxes, fixed asset, Intercompany, book closure and consolidation.
- Serve as the business owner of the ERP system and ensure the continued automation of key accounting processes.
- Maintain and constantly evaluate the company's financial processes, systems, policies and procedures - anticipate, develop, and maintain robust, scalable global accounting capabilities with a strong focus on continuous improvements and ease and speed of integration.
- Develop, implement, and monitor internal accounting controls and policies to ensure compliance with regulatory and audit requirements
- Coordinate intercompany and international accounting relationships and activities, including revenue, compensation, treasury, transfer pricing, taxation and expense issues.
- Manage relationships and engagements with firms providing audit, examination, specialized accounting or tax services to the firm.
- Pursue enhancements in the core accounting workflow, data management and reporting functions with a - project management- focus.
- Oversee consolidation of financial statements.
- Serve as lead contact for the external year - end audit.
- Responsible for the preparation and effective communication of various management reports and analysis.
- Provide appropriate interpretations and analysis of actual financial performance versus plan or forecast.
- Analyze financial statements (P&L/Balance Sheet) and reconcile accounts for accuracy and adherence to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop and implement performance measures that focus on key business drivers (financial and non-financial) to support long term performance and strategic objectives.
- Improve our Controlling processes through standardization, templates and automation
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial records. Ensure any relevant accounting issues are identified, discussed, resolved, and documented appropriately
- Produce financial results reporting on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis and facilitate governance meetings to review those reports and facilitate any required follow-up actions
- Assist with month-end accruals and reconciliations to ensure differences are resolved in timely manner.
- Work within the scope of the contract; and the team delivers the process as in the Statement of work and the desk top procedures.
- Manage financials for the tower by making sure we deliver with the right number and levels of FTEs
- Participate and contribute to people engagement initiatives while managing a team strength of ~90 employees
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
Functional competencies (Includes Knowledge and Skills) :
- Competency Name Proficiency Level
- (Refer Defn. below) Comments
- General Accounting Expert (X)
- ERP System (Eg. SAP) Experienced (E)
- MS Office Expert (X)
Professional Competencies (Includes Skills) :
- Analytical ability
- Team Player
- Communication skills
- Relationship management
Proficiency Level Definition :
- Attended a training course on this skill and/or has had brief exposure to this skill.
- Uses basic terminology in regard to the skill.
- Recognizes and/or articulates basic concepts, facts, methods, techniques in day-to-day work experiences.
Experienced (E) :
- Moderate exposure to this skill and related work experiences.
- Can assist other team members with questions and problems related to this skill
- Applies skill (at basic level to work situations, with some guidance.
- Extensive exposure to this skill and related work experiences.
- Applies skill (at advanced level) to work situations with medium complexity, with little or no guidance.
- May train and/or direct the work of others in application of skill.
- Regarded as a center wide resource on this skill.
- Applies detailed knowledge and skills to complex (or new) work situations in multiple settings settings.
- Trains and/or directs work of other in complex facts, methods, and techniques related to the skill.
Working Conditions :
- In general, willing to work across different shift hours - including USA work hours
- Interact with clients - good verbal and written communication. Build and maintain relationships in a multicultural context.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with focus on quality, results and timely delivery. Candidate will need to stretch during peak / critical service delivery periods and may require to work for long work hours