Views:973 Applications:276 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Associate Vice President - Credit Policy - Cards - Banking (5-10 yrs)
Associate Vice President - Credit Policy Cards
JOB DESCRIPTION :
- The primary responsibility of this role would be to assist VP - Credit Policy in management of the front-end risk - the pre-acquisition and acquisition activities in the risk management process, for the retail asset business including credit cards.
- The role would actively work upon various aspects of acquisition risk like evaluation of current policies, framing fresh policies, assessing key front end portfolio indicators, analyzing portfolio to identify high risk areas for corrective action through policy, framing credit procedures for implementation of agreed policies, assist development & monitoring of risk management tools like application scorecard, liaison with fraud control, monitoring & controls on channel performance, policies related to collateral like under-construction policy, developer approval policy, PDD framework etc.
- This role would need to effectively work with internal stakeholders like the regional credit managers, other risk management teams like credit delivery / decision sciences / portfolio strategy / DSS etc. as well as external teams like business / marketing / sales / operations & debt management.
Impact on the Business / Function :
- Assist in design & implementation of all credit policies including policies for acquisition, under-construction sourcing policies, developer approval policies, valuation & legal procedures etc.
- Assist amendment of existing policies through proactive & innovative solutions for profitable business growth - effective early warning mechanisms & competitor policy tracking to enable proactive action to expand / tighten policies.
- Enable retention of profitable customers for overall profitable growth through appropriate cross sell and top up policies both for PIL & mortgage.
Customers / Stakeholders :
- Assist the development of application scorecards, cut-off finalization, implementation and on-going monitoring of the same - this would require direct interaction with ASP CCR.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate implementation of policies through operations and credit delivery.
- Interact with counterparts in business / marketing / legal / compliance / operations & debt management on issues relating to policy formation & implementation.
Leadership & Teamwork :
Closely work with credit risk teams on various counts such as :
- Leverage on advanced analytical capabilities of the decision sciences team to modify acquisition policies.
- Liase with DSS teams to build automated credit tools to enable apt implementation of acquisition strategies e.g. bureau, verifications etc.
- Closely work with the regional credit managers to stay abreast of developments in competition as well as in the real estate market.
Operational Effectiveness & Control :
- Effectively liaise with the internal controls team to ensure that implementation of policies is appropriate.
- Build sufficient mitigants in the process to protect against channel, operational and fraud risks.
- Assist in developing a framework for collateral management - under-construction portfolio monitoring, title document collections etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that all policies are within the ambit of framework laid down through BIM, FIM, RRP, Regional Guidelines & local regulations.
Qualifications : Post graduate with 5-10 yrs of experience, preferable banking industry