Associate/Senior Associate Researcher - Consulting Firm (2-8 yrs)
Accountable for primary desktop research, leveraging a variety of publicly available global risk, news media / internet, and regulatory databases, to address client specific needs. Research may include, but not be limited to, reputational / integrity due diligence into a potential business partner or third party; investigative research in support of an active investigation; social media monitoring; general intelligence / information gathering to support a business decision.
- Researchers should be able to not only conduct research, but analyze the results to identify potential red flags or findings (based on the nature of the client's needs).
- Responsible for the initial drafting of client deliverables (reports and / or presentations) highlighting the nature of the research completed and relevant red flags or findings (as based on the nature of the client's needs).
Required Skills :
- Business-level fluency in reading, speaking and listening in English. Reading fluency in a second foreign language is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Level of fluency should include the ability to read, skim, and comprehend open source documents, media articles, legal records, and regulatory filings in the foreign language(s) and summarize key findings in English.
- Strong interest in conducting online research, leveraging a variety of publicly available sources, in response to client needs.
- Experience in conducting research using a wide range of sources, analyzing and synthesizing large volumes of information, weaving together unlike data, and drafting written reports and presentations.
- Ability to identify research leads and investigate for corroborating evidence.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects effectively and meet deadlines while working both independently and in a team environment.
- Flexible work style and schedule to meet client demands, as the work is often the result of a crisis-driven event with changing directives and priorities, where all information is not known.
Preferred Skills :
- Significant knowledge of a geographic region or country (especially corresponding to the candidate's foreign language fluency), including detailed understanding of the political, economic,business and regulatory environment / treads.
- Ability to think analytically and apply good business judgment for the purposes of identifying risks associated with research subjects in the context of client needs.
- Functional working experience creating reports and / or presentations using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Education Qualification :
- A master's degree, preferably with a focus in business, international relationships, economics, or related fields
- MBA preferred