Assistant Manager at PeopleStrong
Views:188 Applications:34 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Associate Secretary General - Pharmaceuticals (10-15 yrs)
Associate Secretary General
Position Specification :
Position : Associate Secretary General
Location : Delhi
Reporting to : Secretary General
Travel : 20%
Type of Employment : Full Time
Job Description :
- The ideal candidate should be a keen strategist and highly action-oriented with networking skills and passion/commitment to advancing the Indian pharmaceutical industry's agenda.
- The candidate will be working with the Secretary General and IPA Secretariat along with the IPA leadership team.
- Strong networking will be required with Government departments (DoP, MoHFW, DoC among others) along with think tanks and other associations.
I. Policy formulation, tracking and implementation
1. Primary contact point for all the Delhi related operations and represent IPA in important discussions with bureaucrats, think tanks, politicians, trade associations, multilateral organisations, regulatory bodies etc. on policy related matters
2. Oversee the working of internal committees on pharma policy and innovation, supporting other subgroups
3. Consensus building among the various associations and other non-governmental stakeholders with diverse opinions on topical issues
4. Policy intervention on behalf of IPA membership base on various priority issues and monitoring of representations
5. Establish a mechanism for policy tracking and dissemination, response, and follow-up.
6. Contribution in successful organisation of IPA flagship events with participation of key stakeholders
7. Provide necessary support for various technical and global initiatives
II. Strategy and Intelligence
1. Provide policy intelligence to assist IPA in identifying priorities, risk assessment and opportunities in pharma policy related aspects
2. Provide strategic support in analysing and assessing the impact of existing/upcoming policies, and identify potential opportunities
3. Present and widely disseminate IPA position and vision on various policy issues
4. Position IPA as a strategic partner for government in policy matters by providing evidence and technical support to aid decision making.
5. Ensure the IPA Executive Council is kept fully informed of progress towards strategic objectives
III. Stakeholder management
1. Establish deep knowledge of key high-level stakeholders in government, parliamentarians, multilateral and bilateral organisations, and think tanks and their relationship dynamics and contacts for overall effective working.
2. Maintain excellent relationships with all international, national, state, and local government stakeholders to advocate and guide towards fast and evidence-based decision making for policy related decisions.
3. Strengthen linkages in lesser explored constituencies such as ministry of finance, commerce, external affairs, parliamentarians, Niti Aayog, civil society groups and think tanks. Maintain relationship with Department of Pharmaceutical and Ministry of Health.
4. Raise IPA profile and ensure appropriate brand management, communication and positive media profile is maintained for the organization, across digital and traditional media
5. Coordination with apex business chambers such as FICCI, CII and ASSOCHAM and other key industry associations and think tanks.
IV. On-going Initiatives
a. Take forward the Innovation and R&D agenda forward
b. Provide support to Quality and International Trade
c. Facilitate strategic policy development work related to pharma industry
The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Skills and Competencies :
- Strategic thinking and results-driven individual with a strong analytical mind
- Ability to take initiative, manage complex workloads and deliver outputs to agreed deadlines
- Strong persuasion skills to work with regulatory and member offices
- Have a high level of drive and energy and a commitment to excellence
- Flexible in terms of their working style/multitasking and highly outcome oriented
- Aptitude for networking to establish effective working relationships and partnerships
- Effective communication and networking
- Hold excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent presentation skills and capability to represent the organization in professional forums at the highest level
- Enjoy building positive relationships with a wide range of individuals
- Ability to interpret data and research findings into simple policy briefs and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Compatibility with IPA's Culture :
- Understand IPA's vision, mission and values and be able to adapt to the same
- Patience, resilience and a passion for positive change
- Unquestionable integrity at all times
- Focused ability to produce high-quality results
- Can inspire others, be diplomatic and build trust-based relationships
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.