Senior Consultant at Armour Corporate Services
Views:320 Applications:75 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Associate - Quant Algo Developer - Algorithmic Trading Group/Institutional Equities (1-5 yrs)
Level - Associate
Role - Quant Algo developer for Algorithmic Trading Group, Institutional Equities.
Primary responsibility will involve maintaining existing algorithms, analyzing performance, improvement and development of new algorithms, and communicating with external and internal clients.
The Algorithmic Trading group within Institutional Equities, Edelweiss Securities Ltd. is an enterprising team involved in the following :
1) Designing, quant modeling, code implementation, testing, liasoning with the exchanges and support for execution algorithms
2) Liaising with sales trading, sales teams and external clients for improving present algorithms and coming up with new ideas
3) Develop Statistical & Mathematical Models in JAVA, C++, Matlab, R, python for pre trade and post trade solutions, anti-gaming measures and market microstructure research
4) Working on challenging technologies like SOR, FIX, DMA etc
5) Electronic Sales and Marketting
6) Managing the Infrastructure and latency optimizations
Experience : 1-5 year
- Relevant experience in either Quantitative Research / Strategy / Trading software development
- Algorithmic Trading Developer
- Graduate/ Post-Graduate Degree in Computer Science/Information
- Technology/Finance/Statistics or equivalent
- IIMs or IITs preferred
Skill Set :
- Programming experience (preferably in the financial markets domain)
- Extremely strong in at least a few programming languages like JAVA, C++, C#, VB .Net, MATLAB, Python, R
- Experience with Linux/Unix based systems a plus
- Proven history of trading strategy development will be a positive
- Experience of working with Algo-trading solutions such as (Omneysys / RTS/ NEST/ Apama/ FlexTrader/ Presto/ AlgoStudio/ Greek / Odin/ Neat+/ Neat/ others) will be a positive
Soft Skills :
- Fast learner and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work under high pressure situations involving multiple tasks and teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: Comfortable with explaining complicated models to a wide audience.
- Passion for capital markets
- Strong, methodical problem solving and numerical reasoning skills are a must
- Team players and have the ability to come up with solutions quickly and think through these solutions with others
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.