Views:7700 Applications:669 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:616
Associate - Private Equity Fund Operations/Investor Relations (2-5 yrs)
Role: Associate - Private Equity Fund Operations / Investor Relations
Education/experience: Graduate CA / MBA with 2 - 5 years experience in Private Equity
Role Description :
- This is a high visibility role with large individual responsibility in the fund. The role will span responsibility areas across both fund management and investor relations & interactions. It will specifically cover:
- Fund operations: Working closely with the finance and accounts team and externals advisors in a finance and control function in relation to the fund's accounting, reporting and statutory requirements
- Investor relations: Be the front face of the Fund responsible for managing interactions with existing LPs, potential new LPs. This will include preparation of pitch books, marketing materials, fund updates etc.
- Apart from the above core responsibility areas, the Associate will be required to support to investment management team on transactions and portfolio management activities. This will involve a mix of interactions with potential investee companies, financial analysis, investment proposals, financial modeling, legal / accounting support for transactions, preparation of MIS on investee company performance etc.
- Broad split expected between A and B - 70:30. Given the nature of business and overall size of the team, the resource will be expected to help in other areas as required. Overall, the role will provide a very good opportunity to learn and offer rich exposure across various functions of Private Equity.
Desired skill sets :
- Prior experience in private equity is a must
- Exposure to financial analysis, understanding financial statements, etc.
- Ability to prepare presentations, investment memos, presentations etc. based on analysis
- Working knowledge of MS Excel; financial modeling experience will be an added advantage
- Ability to set up and handle meetings with senior industry people
This is an independent role and will require the ability to multi-task, high levels of self-motivation and the ability to work with a diverse set of people both within and outside the firm.
About the fund:
The fund is an India focused private equity fund focusing on mid-sized opportunities. The current portfolio comprises of a set of companies across diverse industry sectors. The fund is in the middle of its investment period and may plan to raise a subsequent fund in the future.
Compensation will be in with industry standards
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.