HR at Investment Fund
Views:22728 Applications:2208 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:74
Associate - Private Equity Fund - Buy Side - Investment Banking - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (3-7 yrs)
A mid-market sector agnostic PE fund is looking for an Associate to join the team.
Job Purpose : The Associate is a fully participating member of most stages of the deal process. They research sector dynamics, analyze commercial opportunities and risks, develop financial models, perform complex analyses, and work on due diligence for potential investment opportunities. They are also involved in managing investee companies, both at the strategic and operational level of the business.
Core Functional Responsibilities :
- Assist in opportunity identification and deal sourcing.
- Develop understanding of commercial opportunity at sector, segment and company level.
- Prepare financial projections pre and post due diligence.
- Develop complex financial models, perform sensitivity analysis and stress testing to examine the impact on growth plans, valuation and returns.
- Assist in managing the due diligence process and participate in commercial, strategic, operational, financial and legal due diligence.
- Assist and provide inputs in the transaction execution and deal structuring for investments.
- Prepare deal presentations and investment memos.
- Assist in preparing the post acquisition value creation plan (VCP) to meet investment goals.
- Assist management of investee companies in various business development capacities and financial analysis.
- Portfolio management activities, including preparation of one off and periodic reports required for internal and external reporting.
- Assist in evaluating strategic options and exit scenarios for investee companies.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies :
Technical : Deep understanding of finance, accounting and valuation concepts, excellent excel and financial modeling skills.
Commercial : Strong ability to research, analyze, distill and communicate key commercial value drivers as well as risks both at sector as well as company specific level.
Communication : Strong written and verbal presentation and communications skills. Ability to develop network of relevant industry resources.
Collaboration : Team player with ability to work smoothly with juniors, peers and senior team members with an inclination to proactively bridging gaps in team capability and capacity.
Leadership : Ability and inclination for training and development of junior team members as well as ability to effectively manage external advisors and consultants.
Education and Experience Guidelines :
Education : Masters in Business from a top school.
Experience : 4+ years of experience on the buy side or in investment banking. Extensive real deal experience is critical.