Recruitment Team at Allegis Group
Views:1806 Applications:151 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:109
Associate/Manager/Senior Manager - Risk & Capital Model Validation - Bank (4-12 yrs)
Model Risk Management mission is to manage, independently and actively, model risk globally in line with the bank's risk appetite with responsibility for:
- Performing robust independent model validation;
- Ensuring early and proactive identification of Model Risks;
- Designing and recommending Model Risk Appetite;
- Effectively managing and mitigating Model Risks;
- Establishing Model Risk metrics;
- Designing and implementing a strong Model Risk Management and governance framework;
- Creating bank-wide Model Risk related policies.
Position Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The role is embedded within Model Risk Management and the successful candidate is tasked to:
- Develop and set state-of-the-art validation approaches and standards adhering to current and upcoming regulatory requirements. Ensure implementation of these standards in particular through review and pre-approval of validation reports. Present and defend work in internal committees.
- Pro-actively engage in the management of Model Risk to assure Model Risk requirements as e.g. outlined in SR11-07 are met.
- Extensive experience in preparation as well as descriptive and explorative analysis empirical data and practical knowledge in the modeling of different risk types
- Strong IT affinity
- Perennial professional experience in financial risk management in general
- Extensive knowledge with relevant statistical and other software packages and programming languages (e.g. SAS, R, SQL, Python)
- Pronounced conceptual and analytical skills and excellent project management
- Proven ability to solve problems independently, to show flexibility and to act proactively
- Experience in leading a team of highly qualified experts
- Business fluent written and verbal skills in English
- Academic degree (ideally PhD) in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematical Finance / Statistics) with a focus on application