Founder & Principal Associate at rFactor Consultants
Views:230 Applications:25 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Associate Manager - NAV Calculations - Venture Capital Firm - CA/IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (4-6 yrs)
Position: Operations Associate - Venture Capital Firm.
Location: Worli, Mumbai
An Operations Associate at a venture capital firm is typically responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the firm, including calculation of Net Asset Value (NAV) for various funds and co-investment vehicles.
- Finalizing the quarterly NAV of VC funds, co-investment vehicles and preparation of NAV statements of all the investors. Maintaining and updating NAV records and documents.
- Reconciliation of internally calculated NAV with the NAV calculated by the Fund Administrator.
- Co-ordination with Auditors to get the financial statements of funds and co-investment vehicles Audited, under applicable accounting standards such as US GAAP, Indian GAAP, IFRS etc.
- Co-ordination with Independent Valuers to prepare the valuation reports for portfolio companies.
- Manage relationships with Banks, Financial Institutions, Tax Consultants, Company Secretarial firms, External Compliance Service Providers.
- Assisting with the onboarding of new LPs and the management of existing LP relationships, including responding to inquiries and requests for information.
- Setting up new fund and investment vehicles in India and in overseas jurisdictions.
- Performing periodical operations and compliance functions and ensure all regulatory filings are done on timely manner.
- Overseeing the cash management and treasury functions, including managing bank accounts and forecasting cash needs.
- Perform various analytics on portfolio and assist in preparing marketing materials.
- Collaborating with other team members to ensure smooth operation of the fund.
- Updating and maintaining the fund's databases and other systems.
Work experience and skill set:
(i) 4 years of experience in a similar role in a VC Firm/Private Equity , Firm/Hedge Fund or in a Fund Administrator.
(ii) Knowledge of fund accounting and financial reporting principles.
(iii) Experience in managing financial operations, financial planning and analysis.
Education: MBA from a top tier college in India or a Chartered Accountant
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.