Associate - Legal Counsel/Intellectual Property - BFSI (4-8 yrs)
Legal Counsel/Associate - Intellectual Property
The candidate will primarily :
- Process invention disclosures, including determining an appropriate intellectual property protection strategy and working with outside counsel to draft and prosecute patent applications that thoroughly and accurately protect inventions
- Assist with trademark clearance, registration, and prosecution
- Perform legal research
- Prepare legal guidance documents and training materials for internal clients.
The candidate will also :
- Structure, draft, and negotiate various technology, intellectual property and other agreements, such as software licenses, maintenance agreements, equipment purchase/maintenance agreements, outsourcing agreements and professional services agreements
- Provide technology and intellectual property law advice and counsel to the internal clients and partners
- Review, interpret, and analyze agreements, advising clients and partners on rights and responsibilities related to those agreements, including in light of JPMorgan Chase policies and regulatory guidance
- 4-8 years of relevant intellectual property experience in a law firm or corporate law department
- In-house experience in the financial services industry or technology industry desirable
- Some experience in negotiating contracts preferred, including intellectual property licensing, software license, outsourcing, equipment purchase, application service provider, data processing, consulting, professional and other services
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
- JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
The candidate must have passed the Patent Agent Exam and be a registered patent agent