HR at Leading Investment Bank
Views:6978 Applications:794 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Associate - Global Markets - FOS - Investment Bank (1-3 yrs)
Global Markets - FOS - Associate
Nomura Overview :
- Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its four business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking), and Merchant Banking. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
- Nomura Services India, (Powai) supports Nomura's businesses around the world. Powai's world class capabilities in trading support, research, information technology, financial control, operations, risk management and legal support have played a key role in facilitating Nomura's global operations and are an integral part of Nomura's global expansion plans. The Powai operation is a critical part of the platform to support the growth of Nomura's global business.
Division Overview :
- Nomura Global Markets division, based in Mumbai, the front-office team delivers pricing, modelling and risk management expertise to the Global Markets business. Founded as a centre of excellence, the group leads the way in price discovery and portfolio optimization techniques and is integral to the business- aggressive revenue targets. The team is playing an integral role in structuring, pricing, risk management and new idea generation.
Business Overview :
- Global Markets (GM) Powai team is an extension of regional Global Markets (Front Office) teams supporting Equities, Securitized Products, Rates, FX, and Credit. The division in Powai provides support for a range of activities like research, quantitative modelling, sales and trading support, pricing and balancing, product development and strategy. Powai operation is a critical part of the platform to support the growth of Nomura's global business
- The Business Management / Functional Support team in Powai is a key Business Unit within the GM division. It houses a number of extended teams for various regional functions acting as enablers for the Front Office teams such as AEJ, EMEA & US GM Business Management, Client Account Management and Strategy (CAMS), Front Office Supervision (FOS) and Senior Relationship Management (SRM).
- This particular role is within the Front Office Supervision (FOS) team. The Front Office Supervision team is a global team responsible for creating and maintaining the Front Office Supervision framework for Global Markets, and being the key operational risk and control function for the Global Markets business.
Position Specifications :
Corporate Title : Associate
Experience : 1-3 years of relevant experience
Qualification : MBA or CA preferred. Prior educational background in Finance would be an added advantage
Role & Responsibilities :
- We are seeking a dynamic individual to join the GM Front Office Supervision, Conduct and Control team, based in Powai.
- The individual will work closely and in partnership with the Global Front Office Supervision, Conduct and Control team spread across EMEA, AEJ and Japan.
- The individual will assume day-to-day BAU responsibilities relating to Front Office Supervision and will also contribute to key projects that are critical to FOSCC from a regulatory perspective.
Contribution to key FOSCC tasks :
- Ownership of the Hierarchy Maintenance process across Global Markets
- Performing review and analysis of Attestation commentaries and affirmation processes
- Performing Bloomberg chat surveillance for EMEA and AEJ
- Legal Entity controls
- Creating Global Management Packs, KRI Packs and Supervisory meeting packs.
- Driving Transition of Key tasks from the Regions - And then perform those tasks in a BAU environment
- Partnering with Technology, Operations, Finance and other Corporate functions
- Involved in initial User Acceptance Testing of FOSCC tools and systems
- Investigation of issues relating to FOSCC tools and systems
- Audit and RCSA related monitoring
- Help in producing issue summaries and reports for Regional teams
- Involved in tracking outstanding actions and help in chasing actions to closure'
- Assist the team in information requests from regulators and auditors as required
Mind Set :
- Basic understanding of Operational Risk, Controls and Supervision domain
- Prior experience in Operational Risk Mgmt. (ORM), Ops Control, Product control, Operations would be an advantage.
- Conceptual understanding of Investment Banking and Financial markets
- Reporting and analysis - ability to review and understand new information sources and produce summaries of key information
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills(knowledge of VBA/Macros is a plus)
- Experience of working with a diverse stakeholder group across multiple Regions
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timelines.
- Strong understanding of Nomura System Architecture and Data warehouses
- Good knowledge of Capital Market products (Equities, Fixed Income and FX), processes and corporate functions
- Basic project management skills (project definition, planning, risk and issue identification, milestone tracking and summary reporting)
- Ability to challenge processes with maturity and integrity
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.