Associate - Financial Underwriting - FinTech Startup - CA (2-4 yrs)
Associate Financial Underwriting | Disruptive Fintech Startup
- If you are interested in joining a purpose-driven community that is dedicated to creating ambitious and inclusive workplaces, then be a part of a high growth startup with a world class team, building a revolutionary product!
- Our client is a vertical fintech play focused on solving industry-specific financing gaps in the food sector through the application of data. The platform provides skin-in-the-game growth capital to much-loved F&B brands. Founded in 2019, they're VC funded and based out of Singapore and India-Bangalore.
- Founders are the alumnus of IIT-D, IIM-B and Whartson. Theyve 12+ years of experience as Venture capital and corporate entrepreneurship at DFJ, Vertex, InMobi, VP at Snyder UAE, investment banking at Unitus Capital - leading the financial services practice, and institutional equities at Kotak. They've a team of high-quality professionals coming together for this mission to disrupt the convention.
- As a Associate Financial Underwriting, you will be responsible for driving underwriting and financing evaluation process for customers.
What you will do :
- Reviewing diligence materials, including financial projections, existing financial and operational data, product/service offerings and brand value
- Conducting diligence visits.
- Working closely with the business development team to understand F&B brands capital needs, and with the investor relations team to understand investor preferences.
- Preparing and presenting the financing assessment report, including forward looking projections and product structure (tenor/pricing) suggestions.
- Assisting in tasks necessary to close the transaction, including the preparation of key legal documents.
Candidate Profile :
What you need to have :
- Bachelors degree with a focus in business, finance, accounting, or economics from a top tier institute.
- 2+ years experience working in a credit analysis/investment analysis/underwriting role in a NBFC/Debt Fund/VC Fund/Bank/Fin Tech platform
- Experience in assessing MSMEs in limited data environments
- Experience in a customer facing environment, having handled diligence visits independently in the past
- Experience in looking at consumer services business models, esp. restaurants or cloud kitchens etc
- Experience in preparing diligence documents and presenting to internal credit / investment committees
Bonus : Proficiency in risk modelling
- Experience with tech tools for underwriting.
- Proficient in Indian accounting applications.
- Ability to analyze financial performance from a mix of financial and operational data.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel / PowerPoint.
- Strong communication (Verbal/Written English as well as any relevant local languages).
- Highly skilled in making financial projections based on verified assumptions.
- Conducting diligence visits and interacting with key customer stakeholders for a smooth diligence experience.
Experience : 2 to 4 years
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.