Recruiter at Mainstream Technologies
Views:1788 Applications:137 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Associate - Equity Research - Oil & Gas Sector (5-12 yrs)
Job Details :
The associate will work closely with Global Head of Energy, Equity Research covering the Oil and Gas sector. The associate will help develop products and prepare research notes and presentations for internal and external clients. The associate also assumes responsibility of the models under coverage.
Types of projects may include, but are not limited to:
- The Global Oil Vision is the flagship product of the Energy team. It is published annually. The chosen candidate will own up the product in entirety i.e. data collection and management, modeling and analysis, writing, publishing and working on client requests.
- Maintenance and development of databases covering financial metrics, earnings and operating metrics
- Updating and building detailed excel models
- Performing regular tasks promptly and without supervision and providing regular reports to the analyst including analysis of regularly released industry statistics, sector news
- Performing ad hoc client requests, often to deadlines
- Supporting the senior analyst in developing new products, building investment thesis
- Contributing to writing sections of the research report
- The individual will need to have an active interest in the oil industry, and be prepared to engage in reading trade journals, listening to multiple company conference calls and interpreting what they hear/read into financial models.
- A core understanding of how to build DCF models on oil company assets is essential; understanding how various fiscal models work and how capex profiles will look for different types of assets. Strong financial statement analysis skills and valuation modeling skills (DCF and Relative Valuation) is thus very important.
- Knowledge of US shale assets would also be a considerable advantage.
- High degree of autonomy on a day-to-day basis. We would expect the individual to compile regular reports that capture the strategic themes in the industry.
- Good data management and analysis skills and a high degree of comfort with Excel; should be comfortable in maintaining and updating existing models and databases.
- Good writing skills (good at structuring the report and articulating the key findings); ability to synthesise ideas in clear, logical, and precise written English; must be already involved in writing research reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills for dealing with companies and overseas colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision, and in a team environment.
- The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented and will possess strong organizational skills
- The candidate should be a pragmatic "self-starter"; who can work both independently if the analyst is traveling or as part of a team.
If you are interested and looking for a change please send across your profile or share your contact details with us to further discuss on the same.