Associate Director - Sustainability & Climate Change - Consulting Firm (15-20 yrs)
Our client is a leading consulting firm with a presence in 65 countries around the globe:
Job responsibilities: include managing projects, contributing to proposals, and performing technical work.
- Provide clients with strategic climate direction based on current or expected national and/or international climate policies and initiatives
- Assisting with the coordination of design, preparation, submission and approval of project proposals and requests for project development financing;
- Green/clean industrial and production technologies for efficient and effective environmental management and prevention of land, air and water pollution
- Solid experience working on, and leading, climate resilience projects for governments, international development agencies and/or private sector organizations
- Develop and implement both our climate science and climate adaptation R&D master plans
- Provides a market-based approach to reducing GHG emissions that promotes energy price predictability, enabling businesses to strategically plan for long term energy alternatives.
- Establishes, where appropriate, emissions reduction targets guided by the best available science and available technologies and which appropriately credits companies that have achieved verifiable voluntary emissions reductions
- Ability to advise on the integration of climate risk management, including vulnerability and adaptation impact analysis, climate risk assessment, and long term and medium term responses to these, into national, sub-national and local institutional structures, and systems of governance
- Collaborate and communicate with different stakeholders outside the organization to gather data, insights and support for timely turnaround of projects
- Maintaining project and portfolio information and corporate information systems;
- Reviewing and commenting on relevant projects and project proposals from other agencies
- Liaison with potential financing agencies and institutions
- Contribute to leadership and management of major climate change & sustainability programs and projects for clients in India and neighboring countries.
- Removes barriers to energy efficiency and renewable energy projects and streamlines processes for approving such projects.
- Actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in significant revenue growth with target clients aligned with strategy.
- Collaborate and brainstorm with cross-functional teams for example waste, water, energy, and air quality experts
- Peer reviewing, commenting on, and seeking to improve, the technical quality of projects, policies, practices, guidelines, advisory notes, publications and the like
- Meet business financial targets, overall project budget, and schedule, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal and contract requirements.
- Organize and participate in training seminars, workshops and conferences on issues related to climate change and development policy
Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of current models and programs for urban sustainability, including state policies and measurement/monitoring of sustainability.
- Knowledge of climate change science, principles of energy and environmental management, social behavior change, and economic development.
- Knowledge of public administration and public policy development, including government financing mechanisms and intergovernmental relations.
- Knowledge of organization-change management strategies and methods.
- Ability to direct/support systems analysis, strategic planning processes, organization development processes.
- Ability to effectively analyze and develop programs, policies, and initiatives.
- Familiarity and comfort working with government officials, academics and research organizations, and leaders from the private sector
- Emission modeling and financial analysis skills are a plus
- Ability to develop performance measurement systems and initiate continuous improvement processes.
- Exceptional project management skills, including budget development, budget management, and personnel management
- University degree (Masters) in a relevant discipline (e.g. in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Environmental Economics, and engineering, etc)
- A minimum of 15 years of hands-on work experience climate change issues; consulting experience preferred
Position Code: ADC/HCS
For Nomination and Expression of Interest:
Please send a cover letter and resume (Candidates are requested to mention their current compensation in their CV along with three references)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.