Proprietor at Munsar Services
Views:201 Applications:29 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Associate Director/Senior Manager - Indirect Taxation - Professional Services Firm (8-12 yrs)
Apart from holding the Indirect Tax function, you may have an opportunity to strengthen your knowledge base by being part of speaking events and other Indirect Tax fraternity events. Further with GST/VAT being recently introduced in a few foreign countries, you stand to gain exposure of global indirect taxation, making you a holistic global indirect tax professional.
Key requirements for the Candidate
- Leading client fronting indirect tax / GST engagements (Compliance, Representation and Advisory)
b) Technical and quality reviews
c) On-time delivery
d) Client liaison
- Expected to assume P&L responsibility for the defined scope of work
- Being a consultant/advisor on erstwhile indirect tax / GST matters to other practices of the firm across all locations
- Risk management from an erstwhile indirect tax / GST perspective on all engagements of the firm across all locations
- Controlling and managing indirect tax practice of branch locations other than that of home location, (if required)
- Keeping track of and providing insights on various issues related to recent developments in Indirect taxes in India and globally
- Plan and execute various practice development initiatives (incl. standardizing operating practices and protocols for recurring activities)
Clients and business development
- Managing and maintaining relationship with clients
- Advise and assist clients in forming indirect tax strategies to cover indirect tax exposure
- Strive to provide new and innovative indirect tax solutions to clients
- Identifying new opportunities for serving existing clients and can contribute to the group sales and marketing efforts
- Targeting and obtaining work from potential clients
- Development of the Practice and promotion of the firm's brand name - articles in publications, regular update management for clients, speaker at seminars, etc.
Leading people and development
- Handling manager led teams and technically guiding the teams in completing their assigned deliverables
- Review of efficient and effective planning, selection and team management of all resources throughout the year including temporary resource redeployment within team/with other departments,
- Building of team morale and motivate people in the team and firm,
- Address issues at emotional / infrastructural level at work being faced by teams, take responsibility for team building and motivation of teams
- Identifying training needs of teams and assist in skill building where deficiencies identified,
- Ensure on-boarding and process training happens for new employees
- Perform timely appraisal and provide balance between firm and employee aspirations
- Develop the next manager, and other subordinates for the next levels
Required Candidate profile :
What does the Ideal Candidate Profile look like :
The following attributes are desired in Candidates applying for this Position:
The ideal Person would be a Chartered Accountant/Lawyer with a 8-12 years experience in Indirect Tax:
- The specialist knowledge of Goods and Services Tax, erstwhile indirect tax laws
- Experience of Customs legislation and Foreign Trade Policy
- The Candidate should be experienced in compliance, representation, advisory and adequate litigation exposure
- The Candidate could come either from a Big4 or any other mid/large Professional Services Firm (more than 4 partners) who is currently at a leadership level with in depth indirect taxation exposure in few sectors like (Pharmaceutical, Information Technology, FMCG, SME, BFSI etc.)
- The candidate should have experience of advisory and compliance with respect to Special Economic Zones (SEZ)
- Should have experience of independently handling GST implementation projects for clients from planning phase to execution and delivery
- Experience of liaising with government officials and building rapport with officials
- Should have supervisory / leadership experience of at least 4 years
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills including legal / technical drafting
Following are key attributes of someone in this role:
- Ability to work together in cross functional teams as a team member is a must.
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Proven track record of leadership.
- Willing to coach and mentor
- Very good communications skills, both oral and written.
- Good listener - being in a leadership position.
- Willingness and openness for new ideas from internal and external customers.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.