Senior Consultant at Synergy Consultants
Views:61 Applications:19 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Associate Director/Senior Manager - Government Affairs & Policy - Medical Device/Pharma (8-15 yrs)
Job Description :
The Associate Director, Government Affairs & Policy, India, will be responsible for effective internal and external interactions to position Company as a credible stakeholder to the Government of India (GOI) and shape policy and legislation of strategic importance to Pharmaceutical business. Additionally, the Associate Director will lead the overall representation of the Company Enterprise (Pharma, Medical Devices, Vision, and Consumer Health) to several key states and state authorities in India. This role will also look after Enterprise IP policy & government liaison and will also represent GA&P on the leadership team.
- The successful candidate will be unique in their skill set in terms of the fact that they have :
(i) a flair for Public Affairs/lobbying and proven commercial mindset which shapes the external environment to ethically drive business strategy and growth;
(ii) a strong technical policy and/or legislative background and are ideally well connected with Delhi/Center-based institutions and stakeholders as well as key states across India.
- Any degree with 8-15 years experience in healthcare and health policy
- Deep understanding of the political system and policy development process of the The Government of India across the Central and State levels
- Provide a strong policy and/or legislative background
- Proven ability to master complex regulatory and policy issues, and to translate them into clear and concise messaging of direct relevance to the business (commercial, R&D, Regulatory etc.).
- Strong analytical skills combined with critical and creative thinking.
- Intellectual curiosity, results orientation, strategic thinking, business acumen, self-awareness and adaptability.