Advisor at Maaris Global
Views:3213 Applications:191 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:164
Associate Director - Public Sector Consulting (14-18 yrs)
Our client is one of the growing consulting Firm working with projects in the fields of Transportation, Industries, Health, Urban, Social, Water, and Sanitation covering a range of services
Purpose of the role
As an Associate Director, the candidate will take responsibility and initiative in:
- Contributing to the growth of India practice by identifying, initiating and fructifying new business initiatives in the firms' target domains
- Developing and supporting the implementation of business development tools from lead generation through to proposal writing
- Providing inputs on bids to support bid writing, bid management, and bid coordination
- Identifying competitor activity and recommend possible strategic alliances where this will provide an advantage to increasing effectiveness and efficiency of the business development practices
- Be the champion of overall business build-up at the firm
By the nature of the projects which company does, or would like to be involved in, anyone joining the team needs to be flexible and prepared to get involved with a range of projects in a range of sectors.
Your key responsibilities:
- Performing analyses of potential market segments and their needs and correlating the same with the strengths of company
- Generating proactive consulting opportunities for . Using your current business relationships with IFIs, federal and state govts and organizations to generate quick wins for the firm
- Building relationships with funding agencies including World Bank, ADB, DFID, central and state governments, etc.
- Contributing to overall International Development Strategy of the company in close coordination with the International Development Units in Rotterdam and London
- Achieving business targets set jointly with the management
- Gathering early intelligence and leading and managing proposal processes
- Providing technical inputs in preparing proposals
- Improving the presentation of information provided in our responses to tender calls
- Building partnerships with like-minded consulting firms and associate experts
- Maintaining an awareness of industry best practice and incorporate this appropriately into change recommendations
- Contributing to the geographical expansion of in India and the neighbouring region - South Asia
Your skills and experience :
- Suitable post-graduate professional/business management qualification from an institute of global repute. Preferably an engineering background at graduate level
- 14-18 years experience in public sector consulting; range of sectors include urban development, transportation, water and sanitation, public finance and trade etc.
- Minimum 5+ years experience of successfully winning and delivering business in a consulting environment in any/all of the above domains
- Prior experience and demonstrated success in business development targeting clients such as WB, ADB, DFID, EU, and other IFIs.
- Strong private sector client relationship will be an added advantage
- Willingness to travel frequently both nationally and internationally
- Proven track record of submitting high-quality proposals with a decent success rate
- Strong network of experts in the priority sectors of the company
- Self-starter with a flexible attitude capable of delivering results in an unstructured environment, across different sectors
- Collaborative team player, with the ability to work on their own initiative as required
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.