Business Head at Randstad
Views:1794 Applications:7 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Associate Director - Product Development - Healthcare (18-25 yrs)
General description :
The post holder has overall responsibility for the people, process and technical leadership of the Software Engineering teams. They determine software engineering strategy, policy and own the supporting processes, procedures, tools and artefacts. They are responsible for the quality of the software engineering output and ensuring the teams are following best practices in accordance with department standards, policies and procedures. Adopting new ways of working, they assist in the agile delivery of projects by providing a highly skilled and adaptable workforce.
They will use their experience of software development principles, patterns, practices and processes in the day-to-day tactical execution of their duty.
Standard duties and responsibilities :
The post holder will operate as an expert or lead in the execution of the following competencies:
1. Possess the technical understanding and experience specific to their role.
2. Strive to continuously improve and embrace change within the department.
3. Be commercially aware and serve our customers.
4. Work in a team and promote team working in others.
5. Communicate with impact at all levels of the organisation and through all mediums.
6. Courageously lead from the front and encourage others.
7. Take responsibility to improve themselves and support others.
8. Plan and organise their work and facilitate that of others.
The post holder will be responsible for the following :
- Actively contribute towards our development and engineering strategy, application architecture and component design as well as our engineering principals, practices and standards.
- Oversee the execution of multiple engineering work streams and/or projects to quality, budget & timeline in order to meet the demands of the business, stakeholders and customers alike
- Design the application within the bounds of the tasks allocated to their development teams.
- Provide work estimates at regular stages throughout the development process
- Present technical solutions for review by various functions including product owners, solution architecture, clinical design, information governance and clinical safety.
- Promote best practice within the department to facilitate the delivery of quality products according to current agreed levels of quality and standards
- Lead innovation within the department to meet the changing demands of the business and emerging industry trends & standards, such as agile and lean techniques
- Assess and appraise team members
- Line manage team members as appropriate within a matrix structure
- Coach and mentor engineering team members to aid continuous improvement
- Identify skill, resource and equipment deficiencies within the department.
- Meet with customers and stakeholders to validate, analyse and examine requirements.
Note : The scope of responsibility applies to CURRENT product (product on sites or in development) and FUTURE product(s) within the healthcare sector.
Academic Qualification : B.E/B.Tech, MCA with consistent academic performance from X, XII standards onwards.
Experience : 18+ Years.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills: An ability to articulate specialised and complex technical matters to technical peers and non-technical members of the wider business.
- Good exposure across a variety of 3GL programming platforms (C#, C++) with a sway towards MS Technologies (.NET, C#, ASP.NET, IIS, Sharepoint, MS-SQL Sever).
- In depth expertise of agile software engineering practices and best practices of unit testing, TDD, BDD, SOLID, refactoring techniques, continuous integration is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of full software lifecycle, which includes successfully landing projects, construction, deployment and early life support.
- A good understanding of standard Technical constraints, challenges & considerations projects development team must factor into their development (i.e, Non Functional Requirements)
- Planning and organising work, delivering on commitments. Changing processes and structures to improve outcomes.
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies; flexibility to handle pressure of multiple high priority initiatives and issues.
- Ability to work under own initiatives and take control of a situation.
- Proven ability to engage with the senior management effectively and challenge the status quo.
- Experience in the line management of development personnel.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities, managing multiple teams.
- Knowledge of Architectural frameworks (e.g, TOGAF / Zachman / FEA / Gartner)
- Hands-on experience in EAI patterns
- Experience in healthcare sector
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.