Senior Consultant at Seen Recruit
Views:1219 Applications:138 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Associate Director - Performing Credit Fund - CA/CFA/IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (8-16 yrs)
Associate Director - Performing Credit Fund
Essential Qualification: MBA from Top Tier Institutes, CA, CFA
Essential Skills & Experience : 8 to 12 years of work experience in either
a) In credit/origination verticals of domestic private banks/NBFCs/credit funds/foreign banks with focus on high yield and structured debt investments; or
b) Investment banks/boutique advisory firms
c) Significant experience in origination, credit underwriting including being conversant with financial modelling, valuation, industry/company research, use of financial databases like Bloomberg/Capital IQ etc., structuring and execution, and post investment monitoring;
d) Experience in well articulated presentations for internal stakeholders and in creating client presentations (e.g., pitch books, industry primers etc.)
e) Effective team leading skills and strong written (emails, presentations) as well as oral communication skills
f) Prior exposure to growth sectors (i.e. pharma, healthcare, industrials, consumer etc.) would be an advantage
- End-to-end responsibility across the investment life cycle, with maximum emphasis on deal evaluation and execution
- Deal Sourcing: Network with promoters and senior management of companies, with middle and senior management across strategic units of banks/nbfcs/credit funds and with intermediaries including investment bankers, accounting firms, to proactively identify situations that present potentially attractive investment opportunities. Present the opportunity with returns, comp analysis etc for initial evaluation.
- The role will include help craft and refine sector investment strategy; develop hypothesis, have a good understanding of key forces at play and regularly connect with sector experts, peers to update on emerging trends.
- Deal evaluation: Evaluate investment opportunities - industry, company, promoter, financial, commercial, forensic, legal, technical, ESG etc including project manage the entire diligence process to ensure completion within agreed timelines, point out red flags/issues early on.
- Deal structuring: Create deal structures that can best address the requirements of various stakeholders ; banks, , creditors, promoters/existing investors and the Fund and compliance with applicable law to maximize returns and achieves desired outcomes.
- Deal negotiations/execution: Play key role in discussions with the client/intermediaries/investment banks, the terms of lending, so as to secure attractive deal terms for the Fund; assist in negotiations with other stakeholders
- Post deal involvement: Work alongside monitoring team in portfolio companies on key drivers, monitoring the investment including performance, covenants etc. and identifying new growth levers or building up mitigation plan for incremental risks / developments in the business.
- Exit related: Play key role in the exit strategies including exits via capital market events, securing refinancing of company debt to enable an exit for the Fund's investment in the portfolio companies, and any other feasible option available to the client.