Managing Partner at Dimensions HRD Consultants
Views:333 Applications:147 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Associate Director - Legal Entity Control - Investment Management Firm (10-14 yrs)
Position based with a leading global alternative investment manager.
The Legal Entity controller is responsible for entity-and department-level accounting, including but not limited to journal entries, analysis and monthly analytics to ensure accurate revenue, expense and balance sheet, and regulatory reporting for the management companies/advisory entities.
LEC PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and review journal entries and ensure proper accounting treatment is applied to management company/ advisory entity transactions and balances, including management fees, performances fees, consulting fees,equity method investments, etc.
- Prepare and review segment results, including income statement and balance sheet variance analysis and commentary
- Quarterly internal and external financial reporting, which includes earnings release, 10-Q/K and related disclosures, and MD&A commentary for segments, as well as other investor materials and team deliverables
- Perform daily cash bookings, monthly bank reconciliations and expense allocation analysis
- Coordinate with Front Office quarterly on deal status and projected fund allocations and provide reporting to Senior Management
- Review intercompany analysis and reconciliations on a quarterly basis to support financial statements
- Assist with GP Securitization and Broker Dealer transactions and financial reporting, as needed
- Assist with AUM and management reporting, as well as ad-hoc requests and analysis
- Compile and provide detail support and analyses for internal files and external audit review
- Focus on firm-initiatives, including system implementations, automation, report building and process enhancements
- Maintain a strong SOX controls environment and ensuring proper documentation for various processes
- Adhoc requests and value-added analysis to various firm stakeholders as necessary