Account Lead at IARA HR Services
Views:6079 Applications:152 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:57
Associate Director - Equity/Rates - Valuation Controller - Investment Bank (7-15 yrs)
The role exists within the Global Valuation Control group. The primary responsibilities of the group are to:
- Independently verify the valuation of the Bank's equity/Rates/ derivative and other trading portfolios
- Independently verify the valuation of the Bank's collateral positions
- Ensure that appropriate reserves are booked given the nature and risks of the portfolio
- Report on the accuracy of reserves and valuations to senior management
- Develop improved testing and analysis processes, based on the understanding of the business and positions
- The role will be in the Valuations team based in Mumbai. Functional reporting will be to onshore teams based in APAC who will be responsible direction and overall review of valuations work.
- The controller will also be responsible for review and management of the work performed outsourced valuation team provided by a strategic partner.
- The controller will also be integral to the identification and resolution of global valuation related issues ranging from those originating within the organization and from external regulatory bodies.
- Client (adding value to clients) / People (recruiting/coaching people/valuing diversity) / Economic (achieving financial results) Functional/Technical (advancing technical expertise).
- The individual will be expected to build strong working relationships within all key areas of the organization, including the trading desks, trade support, and business unit controllers.
- All valuation controllers are expected to be proactive, take ownership of issues and work in a dynamic and often unsupervised environment which requires the ability to work independently and within the group.