Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:1482 Applications:412 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Associate Director/Director - Sales - IoT/Telematics Solutions (8-15 yrs)
- Our client is a Global leader in IoT/ Telematics solutions and is at the forefront of this industry, building networks and applications to enable Fortune 500 clients. Headquartered in Silicon Valley London, Delhi, and Tokyo as well as other markets, powering critical projects across energy, transportation, retail, healthcare and more.
- Built from the ground up for IoT and road-tested at scale, the IoT Services are based on the broadest technology stack in the industry, spanning connectivity up to vertical solutions.
- The company has state-of-the art collaborative workspace with open desks, recreation space, a round-the-clock fully stocked cafeteria and a terrace garden. Also have one of the best health and insurance benefit schemes in the industry to ensure that our employees and their family are taken care of.
- We are seeking a dynamic Associate/Director - Sales for its West & East Region. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who is eager to roll up their sleeves and to make measurable contributions in shaping the future
The Associate/Director-Sales (position will play an integral role in meeting the sales planning, reporting, and analysis needs of the sales eco system. This is both a hunting and farming role. This role will support all levels of management in the areas of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) objectives, market share analytics, sales planning, pro forma modeling, forecasting, pricing strategy as well as design and analysis of variable compensation programs.
- The person in this role must demonstrate the ability to identify needs, recommend solutions, and become a trusted business partner within the Sales and Finance organizations. This individual will also build solid relationships with directors and executives across different functions such as operations, marketing, purchasing and finance/accounting.
- This role will be based in Mumbai/Pune/Ahmedabad/Kolkata/Bhubaneshwar (remote location, we do not have an office in these locations) and will report to the VP-Sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver Revenue growth target in line with the targets set in the region.
- New business development and managing existing accounts
- Provide ongoing evaluation of sales performance including: tracking sales activities, opportunities and contracts to increase revenue; improve salesforce efficiency and scale our business effectively
Manage the following sales operations support functions:
1. KPIs - New logo acquisition and revenue targets
2. Customer renewals and account development for upselling
3. Selling a portfolio of products in the region
4. Forecasting - Establish best practices and methodologies for forecast accuracy and pipeline management. Actively participate in all forecasting activities and maintain a deep understanding of ongoing sales activity in support of sales executives.
5. Pricing - Maintain a full understanding of market pricing requirements, pricing structures and key contract terms. Develop price quotes/pricing strategies/pricing policies (in coordination with sales team). Suggest creative pricing and payment solutions balancing customer needs and pricing policies.
6. Contracting - Liaison with legal counsel during the contract negotiation process to ensure the appropriate terms and pricing are incorporated into the final documents.
- Work closely with finance to continuously improve "daily" sales reporting and "daily" device deployment/inactivation reporting. Identify opportunities to establish meaningful reports that can turn into actionable items; improving sales performance.
- Partner with the Sales organization on various process improvement activities in the area of CRM/salesforce, metrics setting and reporting systems
- Play a key role in the go-to-market strategy
- Work on optimal allocation of resources based on the collection, analysis, and evaluation of data from the ERP system combined with external data.
- Develop reports and analysis on the effectiveness of sales initiatives and rep activities and their impact to market share. Work on identifying efficiencies in specific areas, customer types or product offering to improve sales performance.
- Accountable for customer billing and outstanding
- 8-15 years of industry experience with MBA or B.Tech Degree.
- Experience in GPS/ Telematics industry is preferred.
- Results-driven with experience influencing people across functions with Number and Target Driven-Hunting mindset.
- Experience in complex change management and operating in a matrix, fast moving and technical environment.
- Strong communication and conflict management skills.
- Ability to collect and analyze data and develop analytics to actionable items and recommend improvements based on identified trends
- Detail oriented with strong time management skills to prioritize, balance multiple tasks and cross train.
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Passionate about using technology to demonstrate and promote programs (must have Intermediate skill in MS Excel and other MS Office Applications and CRM solutions)
- Negotiation skills - ability to look at the big picture, solution oriented.
- Ability to apply innovation and out of the box thinking.
- Should be multitasker.
- Passionate about customers and technology
- Customer/partner management experience.
- Collaboration with cross functional teams including engineering, operations, marketing, and sales
- Must be able gain consensus across teams that may have different priorities and views
- Must be a self-starter and work with a sense of urgency.