Associate Director/Director - Consulting - Metals & Minerals Sector (9-18 yrs)
Associate Director/Director - Metals & Minerals
About the team/Practice Area:
Mining and Metal industries are basic building blocks and critical inputs to the global economy, adding value to natural resources, transforming them into the materials needed by all the downstream industries and end products that we use in our daily life, including automotive, electrical and electronics, consumer goods to name a few. The industry is being disrupted by a range of external factors and mega trends including sustainability, new business models, supply chain constraints and reshoring, digitization, among others, all of which leading to ever changing needs of chemicals and materials that will shape the future of the end products that we consume in the future. The Metals Advisory practice partners with these companies to ideate, evaluate and enable decision making to shape the future portfolio of companies.
About the Role:
Act as a thought partner for clients as they develop their strategic vision, with focus on the Ferrous (Iron and Steel) sector. Guide project teams to deliver maximum insights & impact. Contribute to future revenue stream by leading business development efforts (carries a significant portion of the practice area's revenue targets). Strong involvement in developing culture, skills and internal processes.
- Take ownership of, and manage, the overall business performance, working with the Commerical and Advisory teams to ensure that the proposition is taken to market effectively. This will include sales planning, marketing strategy, development and go-to-market of new solutions and thought leadership development
- Maintain a high level of customer interaction, developing your own personal business pipeline and delivering where appropriate on high visibility consulting and advisory opportunities across the Metals segment with specific focus on Iron and Steel in India and Middle East
Serving as the Engagement leader for simultaneous engagements to ensure high levels of quality, client satisfaction, and employee satisfaction. Becoming personally involved in engagements where necessary to mitigate risk.
- Developing expertise at establishing new executive-level relationships with key stakeholders at new prospective clients
- Project leadership
- Client management
- Deep involvement with the project team on all aspects of the assignment
- Contribute to and manage growth consulting projects, delivering quality insights within the scope, objectives, timeline, and budget for assigned projects
- Contribute insights in the development of growth consulting proposals, with regards to methodology, achievable objectives, budget requirements, etc.
- Establish a presence as an influential and knowledgeable expert in Ferrous sector within Metals
- Leadership and participation in strategy towards building and maintaining a strong consulting program in Metals & Minerals, with focus on Iron and Steel
- Motivate, drive and inspire the team to achieve consistent revenue delivery and project fulfilment in-line with annual business objectives.
- Provide coaching, guidance and direct leadership to the respective teams
- Undertake performance reviews and annual appraisals
New Business Development and Account Management
- Develop sales vision and strategy in collaboration with the sales leadership
- Take charge of pipeline generation for Metals and Minerals (with focus on Steel) across India and Middle East
- Meet weekly with the sales leadership to review sales pipeline and performance against the annual plan
We're looking for candidates who :
The successful candidate will be a professional and committed business consultant, with a thorough understanding of consulting methodologies. Proven success with direct client interaction, business development, consulting project fulfilment and a pro-active, methodical and innovative working practice is essential, with a proven ability to deliver accurate results within a fast paced, client focused environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required. Bachelor's degree in Metallurgy or Engineering or Science is preferred; business, engineering, considered.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Professional work experience and strong expertise either in Iron and Steel, Metals, Mining
- Develop new initiatives and work with the sales and product management on the go to market strategy
- Support sales team in a very hands-on manner, especially leveraging experience in deal closures, as a thought leader and senior consultant to take early stage opportunities to close
- Build strong personal relationships in key accounts and deliver on sales goals as mandated for the year
- Develop marketing strategy in collaboration with the sales leadership and marketing team.
- Ability to think creatively and create out of the box solutions.
- Demonstrated capability to lead projects and teams.
- Demonstrated capability to facilitate effective, cross functional client meetings.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.