Associate Director - Analytical Development - Manufacturing Firm (12-30 yrs)
Associate Director-Analytical Development
- To lead Research and Development activities of Analytical development, Technology transfer of crop protection products, speciality chemicals and pharma intermediates in coordination with other project team members and stakeholders.
- To lead a team of analysts in a productive and efficient manner, including, but not limited to project prioritization, resource allocation, people development and performance management.
- To provide expert technical direction and problem solving for team members generating analytical data and/or methodology in support of product development, production efforts, in compliance with all relevant technical, financial, GLP and HSE (health, safety, and environment) requirements. This may include responsibility for method development and validation, test and reference material characterization, manufacturing and Pilot Plant support.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of analytical development team leaders and chemists in a productive and efficient manner, including, but not limited to project prioritization, resource allocation, people development and performance management.
- Provide expert leadership in chromatography, spectroscopy and problem solving while working with team members generating analytical data and/or methodology in support of product development and manufacturing, in compliance with GLP and HSE (health, safety, and environment) requirements.
- Collaborate closely with cross functional teams and stakeholders- Process Chemistry, Manufacturing and External stakeholders to amicably arrive at a business objective.
- Ensure laboratory safety and compliance in Analytical function.
- Implement continuous improvement ideas on processes and technology to improve lab efficiency and productivity.
- Participate and communicate timely and effectively to technical and non-technical stakeholders on interdisciplinary project teams.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Ensure representation of Analytical Development function within organization.
- Ensure participation and contribution in quality incidence.
- Ensure cross contamination methods are tested and validated.
- Ensure laboratory safety, conduct and Housekeeping.
- Represent Analytical Development function within organization and lead team of analytical development chemists.
- To contribute to key development projects and to coordinate related activities (e.g. Method development, quality, impurity profiling, specification / registration, IPC method development, raw materials validation, cleaning validation, etc.).
- To support manufacturing in case of commissioning, process improvement or troubleshooting.
- Responsible for the up-keep of all the laboratory instruments including maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Plan and organize Analytical development work to design, develop and establish new methodologies, techniques for products.
- Responsible for regular reporting of Analytical development activities to various stakeholders and communicate effectively and clearly in multi-national and/or multi-functional project teams.
- Provide technical expertise and support for commissioning of products on commercial scale.
- Provide a support service for solving problems concerning Analytics encountered during manufacture and life cycle technology management of products.
- Provide technical support to team members in laboratory, planning resource and align team efforts towards agreed targets by effective planning, review and follow up.
- Actively participate in department functioning and contribute to maintain best practices, safe and healthy work culture.
- Operating the Lab and managing activities as per the HSEQ management system
- Conflict management, appraisal, review and rewards
- Minimum M.Sc. or PhD degree in Analytical/Physical/Organic Chemistry with ~12+ yrs. of relevant industry experience.
- Practical knowledge in analytical development, Product, and material characterization.
- A thorough knowledge of chromatography e.g., LC, UPLC, GC, and spectroscopy, NMR/MS.
- Prior experience in people leadership and supervising.
- Excellent organization and communication skills; can engage well with cross functional teams, pay attention to detail, solve problems, and make independent decisions.
- Possesses an aptitude for mentoring and willingness to coach others.
- Takes initiative, is known as a self-starter, and exhibits a passion for problem-solving.
- Shows adaptability and is an agent for change.
- Exhibits timely and effective judgement as a subject matter expert.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.