Executive Director at Black Turtle India Pvt Ltd
Views:536 Applications:110 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:49
Associate/AVP - Credit Analyst - Hedge Funds & Private Equity Funds - CA/IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (3-8 yrs)
Credit Analyst - Associate/AVP - For Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds
Nomura Overview :
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its four business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking), and Merchant Banking. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
Nomura Services India, (Powai) supports Nomura's businesses around the world. Powai's world class capabilities in trading support, research, information technology, financial control, operations, risk management and legal support have played a key role in facilitating Nomura's global operations and are an integral part of Nomura's global expansion plans. The Powai operation is a critical part of the platform to support the growth of Nomura's global business.
Divisional Overview :
- The Risk Management Division encompasses the firm's comprehensive risk framework responsible for determining and managing the overall risk appetite for the firm.
- The division is responsible for effectively managing the firm's risk-return profile, which ensures the efficient deployment of the firm's capital. It is one of the firm's core competencies and is independent of the trading areas and operational area.
- The Risk Department at Nomura is broadly organized according to the main risk classes Market Risk, Credit Risk, New Business and Operational Risk. The Risk Department provides senior management with an independent view of the principal risks taken by individual business units.
Business Unit Overview :
Credit Risk Management (CRM) is an independent risk oversight function, reporting to the Global Chief Risk Officer (CRO). Its mandate is to manage the risk of loss arising from an obligor or counterparty's default, insolvency or administrative proceeding, which results in the obligor's failure to meet its contractual obligations in accordance with agreed terms.
The process for managing credit risk at Nomura includes :
- Evaluation of likelihood that a counterparty defaults on its payments and obligations
- Assignment of internal ratings to all active counterparties
- Approval of extensions of credit and establishment of credit limits
- Measurement, monitoring and management of Nomura's current and potential future credit exposures
- Setting credit terms in legal documentation, including margin terms; and
- Use of appropriate credit risk mitigants, including netting, collateral and hedging
CRM Powai is an integral part of the CRM function globally, responsible for credit risk analysis of a diverse portfolio of counterparties across sectors and regions. The team is engaged in assigning credit ratings, carrying out sector and peer reviews, recommending and monitoring credit limits, suggesting credit terms for legal agreements, tracking early warning indicators, and various other portfolio management activities, as well as participating in global projects. The team comprises of Credit Risk Analysts, Financing Risk Analysts, Portfolio and country risk Analysts to list a few.
Position Specifications :
- As a credit Analyst, you will be responsible for managing portfolio of EMEA/AEJ based Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds.
- In this role you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the portfolio, including Ratings, Limits and exposure monitoring, monitoring early warning indicators, stress testing etc.
- In addition, you will support the build out of specialized data analytics and portfolio tools and actively participate in the risk monitoring of the portfolio.
- The position requires you to frequently interact with Clients, Traders, Operations, Legal and other teams in Risk Management, and where necessary escalate credit concerns to senior management.
Corporate Title : Associate
Functional Title : Associate/Sr. Associate
Experience : 3 - 8years
- Qualification Chartered Accountant (Rank holder or 1st Attempt pass) or PGDM/MBA from top-tier Colleges. Additional qualification like CFA/FRM is preferable
Role & Responsibilities :
- Credit Officer's responsibility for a portfolio of Counterparties within the EMEA/AEJ Fund, primarily includes coverage for Hedge Funds (HF) and Private Equity Fund (PE)
Daily responsibilities include :
- Undertake Due Diligence (DD) calls with clients. Collect credit information necessary for conducting detailed credit analysis.
- Conduct in-depth credit research and credit analysis and write high quality Credit Memos, to assign internal credit rating, appetite and margin tiers for clients.
- Prescribe credit terms and covenants for legal documents.
- Analyze and support trade approvals by liaising with the Financing Risk team and obtain Independent Amount (IA) or Initial Margin numbers for such trades.
- Investigate credit limit breaches by speaking to Sales, Operations and Credit Risk Analytics team, determine the cause and escalate as per Credit Policies.
- Design automated reports and implement process workflows for the Hedge Funds team to assist in the monitoring of this specialized portfolio, including highlighting hedge fund clients with elevated levels of risks based on client information (risk/ performance), market indicators, early warning indicators and credit exposure.
- Build data processes and implement models in Python/ Alteryx to minimize manual effort and enable analysts to effectively and efficiently manage their portfolios.
- Monitor the portfolio by reviewing and updating NAV and Performance data for Hedge Funds on a monthly basis. Follow up with HF Managers and flag any clients with deteriorating NAV/Performance metrics
- Contribute to the firm's Risk Change agenda and participate in regulatory and audit assessments.
- In addition to HF and PE also support Investment Advisors, Mutual Funds, and Pension Funds reviews as may be needed.
- Participating in global projects and initiatives for example: the development of scorecards
- Professional degree holders such as CAs (Rank holder or 1st Attempt pass), MBAs from reputed institutes or CFA. Other post graduate degrees will be acceptable, if accompanied by relevant CRM experience
- At least 4 years' prior experience in CRM or Rating assignments, working in any sector. Prior experience in the Hedge Fund Analysis will be an added advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially report writing skills and the ability to independently lead global calls
- Strong analytical ability, with an eye for detail and the ability to identify emerging risks
- The ability to be a 'self-starter', have proactive approach to resolving issues and the willingness to learn
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is a must, any additional technical knowledge will be an added advantage
- Prior experience in managing a Hedge Funds portfolio
- Experience in appetite setting, limit setting and monitoring, setting legal documentation terms
- Strong coding skills in Python, SQL, VBA, Alteryx, Power BI
- Good understanding of products traded by Investment Banks, legal agreements etc.