Director at Connexio Search
Views:1425 Applications:211 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Associate/Associate Vice President - Trading - Bank (1-5 yrs)
Associate/AVP - Trading Enabler
- This leading global bank is committed to being the best financial services provider in the world. An aspirational employer with the platform to raise careers up to the next level, we foster a diverse, inclusive environment that encourages new ideas. An outstanding opportunity now exists for a talented professional to join our award winning team.
- The platform is the bank's investment banking center in India. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of the bank. It works very closely with various hubs to deliver cutting-edge investment banking services for the Global Markets franchise of the bank. The teams will be front office teams acting as virtual extensions of the business in hubs like London, New York, and Hong Kong.
- Global Equity Derivatives (GED) is one of the key businesses within the Global Markets Equity division. The Corporate Derivatives Trading desk is involved in providing financing solutions to sponsors/family offices/institutions through equity-linked products. The desk has successful investments and deals in a range of industries such as real estate, technology, and financial services.
- Due diligence of underlying companies from both fundamental as well as technical perspectives as part of the deal selection.
- Thorough credit-side analysis of company fundamentals, pricing of company credit and analysis of associated risks
- Pricing and determining key terms of the deal, and dynamically toggling between different deal shapes
- Identifying idiosyncratic risks in bespoke trades
- Running quantitative and technical analysis to develop trading and hedging strategies
- Prepare risk analysis paper for trade approval by CRM / MRM
- Performing legal due-diligence to ensure that legal documents accurately reflect the decided terms and conditions.
- Reviewing Risk & PnL movements on a daily basis. During the life of the deal, the team helps risk manage the positions by a constant review of the trigger levels, providing daily risk flashes and monthly updates
The ideal candidate will have experience within a financial services environment and should demonstrate the following:
- Strong academic and professional background.
- Highly quantitative and analytical bent of mind
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work well under pressure & always with a professional demeanor.
- The ability to identify process efficiencies, suggest improvements and implement where feasible.
- High attention to detail, solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive in terms of business development and effective communication to deliver projects.
- Able to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizing multiple tasks meeting strict deadlines.
The following will be considered a significant advantage:
- Prior work experience in an investment bank or a buy side firm
- Equities/Credit Market knowledge, with especial focus on credit pricing and risk analysis