HR at Allegis Global Solutions
Views:648 Applications:101 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Associate/Assistant Manager - Secondary Research - BFSI (8-13 yrs)
Strategy and Transactions Assistant Manager Pursuits
Within SaT, our Pursuits team provides support for pre-deal and origination activities, including deal origination meeting decks, capital agenda infopacks/opportunity paper decks, value creation opportunity packs, industry insight packs, divestiture opportunity decks, thought leadership packs and idea generation support. The Pursuits team works in tandem with global teams in delivering exceptional client service and support in BD activities.
The Pursuits team in SaT has over 120 professionals supporting deal origination engagements across the globe.
The opportunity :
Were looking for Assistant Managers to be a part of business development assignments, and perform qualitative and quantitative research on the markets and/or target companies and join the leadership group of SaT Pursuits Team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a leading firm whilst being instrumental in the growth of a new service offering.
Your key responsibilities :
- Understand, analyze and assess information from external and internal sources, including financial statements and KPI analysis
- Develop understanding and knowledge on focus sectors for SaT, to be able to interpret and derive insights from financial, strategic and market information
- Write sections of reports to synthesis and present the findings, and analysis from research
- Perform quality review of projects, guiding the team in execution and help them bring out analysis and critical insights.
- Undertake quality check (both qualitative and quantitative) to ensure:
- Output is insightful and as per expectation of onsite teams
- Delivering within agreed timelines
- Measure, monitor and improve client service by guiding team members and driving excellence in service delivery
- Focus teams on the key priorities while managing several medium to large size projects
- Develop excellent relationships with global stakeholders and be responsible for a high degree of client satisfaction with engagement process and work products
- Manage a team of 1-2 professionals
- Direct the progress of engagement work, inform supervisors of the engagement status and manage staff performance
- Conduct timely performance reviews of staff and senior analysts and help in developing and guiding junior professionals by providing effective performance feedback/training and ensuring that team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals. Lead by example.
- Identify and communicate training needs of his/her team members and impart training as per the program designed for the managers and L&D team
- Use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided
Skills and attributes for success :
- Expert knowledge of research databases such as Capital IQ, One Source, Factiva and Merger Market
- Financial analysis experience from a number of pre- and post-deal transactions, with the ability to link operational analysis to P&L, cash flow and balance sheet
- Ability to identify risk and determine service opportunity areas
- Understanding of transactions life cycle, and merger and acquisition (M&A) activities and products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience in developing presentations
- Exposure to tools like Tableau, Alteryx etc.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Masters degree OR MBA OR Master's in business administration or CFA
- 4-6 years of work experience in qualitative and quantitative research in Management Consultancy firms, preferably Big 4 or financial analytics firms Or Equity / Investment banking research role in leading KPOs/Captives
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience in Go to market, company/industry analysis and adhoc unstructured research
Ideally, you'll also have :
Project management skills
Exposure to tools like Tableau, Alteryx etc.
What we look for:
A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
An opportunity to be a part of market-leading, multi-disciplinary team of 1400 + professionals, in the only integrated global transaction business worldwide.
Opportunities to work with SaT practices globally with leading businesses across a range of industries