Consultant at Live Connections
Views:5216 Applications:86 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Assistant Vice President/Vice President - Financial Crime Surveillance Unit - Bank (12-17 yrs)
The Financial Crime Surveillance Unit (FCSU) within FCC Controls is the global team responsible for analyzing the results of the FCC surveillance controls.
- The FCC - Surveillance controls are defined as Screening and Monitoring, Screening includes transaction and name screening (customer, supplier and securities) and is established to mitigate the risk of the bank dealing with parties outside of its appetite. Transaction screening occurs on a real time basis and is focused principally on Sanctions Risk Management. The industry standard tool Fircosoft is used.
- Monitoring is the process of surveilling transactions after their execution in order to identify unusual transactions or patterns. The industry standard tool 'Mantas' is used.
The FCSU teams consists of analysts who analyse 'risk events' as part of the screening and monitoring controls in order to close Risk Events because it is not a Case-worthy Monitoring event or a False Positive Screening event and escalate Cases for action to the FCC actors in country/region.
- The FCSU provides this service to more than 40 countries where is present across all segments such as retail, corporates, private banking and correspondent banking.
Brief on the Job Family :
- This job family is for the Screening team of analysts working on the AAA process for name screening (customer, supplier and securities) and transaction screening.
Process Category Unit Name :
- Process Descriptor Analysts in the FCSU teams execute the standard AAA (Assess, Analyse, Act) process which is used for handling the risk events after they have been created by the Fircosoft system.
- Process Illustrations a) Assess is the first phase of AAA process, focused on establishing which risk events are - False Positive- Screening events using immediately available information, with a view to closing them within the phase.
- Analyse is the second phase of AAA process, which involves more exhaustive analysis being carried out using all readily available information, and potentially RFIs (Request For Information) where necessary, to establish whether the risk event is likely to be considered case-worthy or not. If it is then the case is escalated for appropriate action. Cases can be escalated for further analysis to FCC actors in country/region.
- Act is the third phase of AAA process, during which the FCSU sets out the analysis evidence for its recommendation that the case is given appropriate consideration as True Match for Screening events and consideration is also given as to whether there is a need for associated reporting action. This consideration/reporting action, with additional governance, is conducted by FCC actors (in Region/Country).
Process Specific Skills : Sanctions and screening (name and transaction) surveillance skills - regulations, end to end screening process/controls, screening tools (Fircosoft)
Analysis skills : Able to analyze data, working knowledge of Internet and MS Office Suite & independently assimilate, analyse and evaluate information from disperse data sources to determine a course of action (e.g. case closure or escalation), and record and communicate this decision clearly and concisely.
Banking : Knowledge in terms of customers, products and transactions
- Banking operations experience (Client Due Diligence, payments, trade, markets or other) and service oriented attitude
- Facilitate collaboration, networking and alignment within and across teams.
- Excellent communication in English (articulation and writing).
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.