Assistant Vice President - Research - Non-Health Domain (8-14 yrs)
Assistant Vice President - Research
Industry : Consulting
Category : Consulting
Skills : Research, Monitoring & Evaluation, Development Sector
Job Type : Permanent
Job Duration :
Job Description :
- Based out of the India office, the AVP will lead projects and teams engaged in the thematic areas of our Non-Health domain e.g. water and sanitation, livelihoods, energy, environment, education and skills, and renewable energy.
- This role is expected to be at the cutting edge of contemporary M&E narrative with an excellent appreciation of client needs and expectations.
Client Details :
- Our client supplies high-impact data-driven insights to help leading public bodies drive development initiatives through superlative project management with monitoring and evaluation solutions. They support implementers, government, donors and corporates.
- Over the past decade, they have established themselves as a leader for developing advanced methodologies for evaluation of massive development projects. They work across South Asia, South East Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Lead in the development of high quality, compliant proposals. Conceptualize and implement a marketing/business strategy. This includes developing opportunities with new and existing clients, tracking upcoming RFPs, leading proposal development teams, networking, etc.
- Lead client engagement during the entire project cycle.
- Lead designing and contextualizing methods and practices in evaluation.
- Generate high-quality research findings in the form of reports, academic and working papers for internal and external dissemination.
- Providing technical expertise and mentoring support to the research team.
- Manage project implementation and ensure data quality with active involvement at every stage of research implementation.
- Assist and lead the project team in the development of reports, presentations, and other communication materials. This may include research, drafting, editing, data analysis and presentation.
- Make and deliver presentations of reports / proposals to clients / potential clients.
- Liaison with partner organizations, consultants, vendors and other relevant agencies.
- 8-14 years' of relevant work experience in Research and M&E.
- Experience on contemporary methodologies and practices, with hands-on experience in writing and publications.
- Experience of working in the social and development research in management of large-scale surveys is desired.
- Deep understanding of prevalent evaluation and monitoring techniques with the flair to apply them in different projects
- Should be able to engage clients and relevant stakeholders to independently manage the practice and in-flow of more projects
- In-depth knowledge of Research, Evaluation, Data Analysis & thematic understanding of various sectors in the social & development domain.
- Should have excellent understanding of the relevant policy landscape and regulatory environment.
- High level of involvement, engagement and ownership.
- Flair for building quality relationships with clients.
- Demonstrated competence in handling teams.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation ability.
- Proven influencer and communicator with senior stakeholders within and outside the organization.
- Strong time management skill and ability to prioritize.
- Willingness to travel.
Job Offer :
- Our client offers an exciting and challenging opportunity to contribute to high quality multi-input development programs and to work closely with government, and with key development actors like the World Bank, UN and Bilateral agencies, philanthropies like Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Rockefeller Foundation etc.
- Being one of the leading and largest M&E services- provider in South Asia, they offer an extraordinary platform to learn, mentor and innovate in a perceptive environment. The person in this position will not only explore more on research but also his skills in developing more business for his/her own practice. This is a unique opportunity for sectoral experts who want to gain exposure in other adjacent sectors.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Stuti Pathak on +91 124 452 5468.
Contact - Stuti Pathak - +91 124 452 5468
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.