Founder & Principal Associate at rFactor Consultants
Views:3725 Applications:143 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:79
Assistant Vice President - Product Management - Digital Technology - FinTech (8-12 yrs)
Job Purpose :
1. Define the product strategy, scope & roadmap for the Digital insurance platform
2. Research, understand & develop requirements for new products & upgrades, in order to maximise funnel conversion & process efficiencies
3. Drive continuous improvement of internal & external customer experience
4. Be the bridge between Business & Tech teams
5. Plan & manage product development & release
6. Manage budget
Impact on the Business / Function - Understand the online Life Insurance ecosystem, business workflows & customer behaviours
- Understand processes, systems & current state of product
- Own the platform/product strategy, roadmap, design, architecture, development & release
- Define & deliver to the release calendar for new developments/enhancements/upgrades
- Drive business requirement gathering, analysis, assessment, prioritisation, agreement, documentation & development.
- Drive continuous product improvement to achieve business objectives on funnel conversion, business efficiencies & user experience
- Manage budgets
Customers / Stakeholders - Understand & develop user personas, define use cases & draw user journey maps & interaction diagrams
- Identify user pain/improvement areas & solve for them
- Collaborate with Marketing, Call-Centre, Partnerships, Tech Development & Testing, Payments & other relevant teams to understand & define requirements
Leadership & Teamwork - Collaborate & coordinate with stakeholder, developer & reporting teams to align on business requirements & release plans
- Ensure seamless communication with all relevant stakeholders
- Provide direction & mentorship to team members
- Liaise with/monitor development & testing teams to adhere to release calendar
Operational Effectiveness & Control - Lead reviews with senior management on progress & effectiveness metrics
- Engage for & ensure all requisite approvals
- Prepare & ensure adherence to product & work schedules
- Ensure timely, error-free & within-cost releases & upgrades
- Administer & approve all releases
- Ensure compliance with regulatory, compliance & brand guidelines
- Keep abreast of competitor & industry developments
- Define product benchmarks based on market trends & practices
- Ensure & maintain complete & correct documentation
- 8-12 years, with 4 years of proven experience as a Product Manager in a FinTech or eCommerce environment
- Knowledge of Product Management best practices, frameworks, development principles, methodologies & processes
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to conduct research, & analyze & interpret data
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to assess business impact of proposed solution
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through product improvement.