Assistant Vice President - Private Equity Investments - Investment Bank (8-12 yrs)
AVP - Private Equity Investments
- We are looking for an Investment Banker for an AVP role in the Investments team of a Top Financial Services Brand.
- The Team is responsible to Analyze and evaluate i) new investments in technology and other companies (mainly unlisted companies) and AIF/ other funds and ii) incremental investments in/ divestments from existing investments.
- The key responsibility of the role would be to widen coverage of companies and sectors of financial/ strategic investment interest for the Organisation and tracking progress across strategic domains, such as Technology, vis- vis competitors
Job Responsibilities :
A) New investments/ divestments :
Analyse and evaluate i) new investments in technology and other companies (mainly unlisted companies) and AIF/ other funds and ii) incremental investments in/ divestments from existing investments
For investments in new companies :
1. Develop and maintain list of potential investee companies (such as FinTechs, SaaS etc) through regular engagement with various business divisions (example: vendors to such divisions) and market research on such companies which could be of interest to any of the businesses
2. Engaging such companies for their business growth and capital requirements and shortlist investment targets
3. Developing the investment thesis for shortlisted such companies, including if applicable, seeking views of the concerned team/s who have a business relationship with such companies
4. Validating/ rationalizing their expectations of future business from such companies from an IC note perspective
5. Prepare detailed investment note for each investment/ divestment for review by the Investment Committee ('IC')/BoD (in case of strategic investments), covering Industry, Company, Financial analysis, IRR analysis, investment risks, recommendation etc.
B) Complete execution of the approved investments
1. Drafting and preparation of term sheets, agreements and other documents (where external counsel not engaged)
2. Setting the due diligence agenda and conducting due diligence
2. Co-ordination of term sheet and agreements signing, agreement stamping, due diligence, regulatory approvals and payment/ receipt of consideration and receipt/ sale of shares
3. Liasing with Legal and Secretarial teams and Compliance teams (wherever applicable) for negotiating term sheets/ share purchase agreements and preparation of forms/ other documents for submission to regulators/ investee companies and for seeking regulatory approvals/ queries on regulations and compliance etc.
C) Record Keeping :
- Maintain files for every investment, including copies of IC/ BoD approvals, regulatory approvals received, non-disclosure agreements executed, important working papers and correspondence, due diligence reports and deal agreements (such as share purchase agreements etc)
D) Portfolio Monitoring and Review
- Meet investee companies/ funds periodically in person to get updates on the business and the operating environment
- For unlisted investments worked on, tracking half yearly/ yearly performance (as available), seeking updated budget presentations etc. (for comparison to numbers presented in investment note), computing IRR to Bank and preparing a summary report
- For listed investments worked on, tracking quarterly performance
- For AIF fund investments worked on, tracking quarterly/ half-yearly performance reports/ NAV and overall review of fund portfolio and computing IRR and preparing a summary report for IC every half-year
Preference is for an Investment Banker with at least 8-12 years experience
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.