Associate Consultant at Huquo
Views:781 Applications:177 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Assistant Vice President - Pricing Analysis/Claims Analysis/Capital Modelling/Underwriting Analytics - P&C Insurance (8-14 yrs)
Assistant Vice President - P&C Insurance/Pricing Analysis/Claims Analysis/Capital Modelling/Underwriting Analytics
Role Overview :
- Expected to work in close collaboration with the team and clients on analytics projects for general insurance related to pricing, claim analysis, Underwriting, data management, etc.
- Predictive modeling based GLM for commercial lines, developing statistical models in R, Python, SAS.
- Data management and governance.
- Doing independent research, analyze, and present data as assigned
- Critically examine and deep dive into models
- Prepare detailed documentation of analytical solutions and preparing presentations
- Assist in learning and development of new team members
- Identify and participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure compliance with Data Privacy and Protection Guidelines
- Participate in business development acitivities
Key Responsibilities :
- Strong ability to translate functional specifications / requirements to technical requirements
- Complete understanding of the current state of affairs and problem statement
- Experience in data extraction and data manipulation.
- Ability to understand data models and identify ETL optimization opportunities. Exposure to ETL tools is preferred.
- In-depth data analysis like identifying major trends, univariate and multi-variate analysis
- Developing analytical solutions and models leveraging advance analytical tools - SAS/Python/R, etc.
- Personal and commercial lines general insurance pricing, application of GLM using Emblem or other tools. Building the loss cost models in SAS/ R/ Python/ Emblem by applying the GLM technique, involving identifying and analyzing the trends in the rating factors, and correlations among them.
- Building a simple factor model, followed by interaction testing and simplification of the rating factors and applying the inflation and reserving adjustments for future projections, validating the model and model management.
- Process Automation
- Knowledge of general insurance domain and commercial lines experience is must