Managing Director at Corporate Search & Placements Pvt. Ltd.
Views:1743 Applications:75 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Assistant Vice President - Operational Risk - Bank (8-10 yrs)
We have been retained by our client, a well established, professionally managed foreign bank to identify a Assistant Vice President - Operational Risk The position is based at Mumbai.
- Assist the Business Heads in directing and overseeing the day-to-day management of operational risks at the business level including driving and directing compliance in each Business Unit level business.
- Implement controls within the Business Units to meet regulatory and internal requirements. In addition, drive and implement an effective risk management framework, and promote a strong risk management and a compliance culture.
- Partner the Business Units on operational risk matters to ensure business growth is balanced with risk management and control. Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities, timely identification and reporting of significant risks and losses and effectiveness of risk mitigation actions.
- Work with Group and the businesses to ensure there is adequate training in Compliance. In addition, document and implement controls to ensure compliance with regulations and Group Standards.
- Work as a team to drive and support the identification and management of operational risks on a daily basis and a source of reference within the Business Unit in facilitating and promoting the understanding of OR and compliance requirements and issues.
- Ensure that policies are implemented effectively within Businesses, new regulations are properly communicated, and provide quality assurance on the design of the control measures and monitoring plans. Coordinate, analyse and consolidate OR and loss reporting to the Business Unit Head.
- Design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management. Ensure that controls are effective for compliance monitoring and risk management.
- Ensure adherence to the risk management framework in identifying, controlling, monitoring and reporting of risk.
- Ensure sufficient actions are undertaken to mitigate, reduce or contain the identified operational risks. Undertake and / or coordinate periodic business monitoring (self-assessment) activities, escalating issues to Business Head.
- Ensure sufficient actions are undertaken by Business Units to comply with all key regulations, compliance and internal standards.
- Ensure the risks associated with new and changed products, services and business strategy are sufficiently assessed and mitigated.
- Assist the Business Head in preparing the business level OR profile and other relevant reports for the Group Functions and ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Lead and coordinate effort to enhance the general risk management and compliance culture within the business. This includes communication and other initiatives to change mindset and behaviour of staff.
- Ensure all essential policy and regulatory requirements are communicated and disseminated to the relevant parties on a timely basis.
- Could act as the Business Money Laundering Prevention Officer (BMLPO), or to cooperate with the designated BMLPO to ensure appropriate internal controls and procedures for money laundering prevention are in place and functioning as intended. This includes conducting investigation on financial crime risks.
- Identify gaps and conduct staff training on OR and compliance for all staff.
- To conduct annual review of Operational Risk Management Policy and other associated frameworks such as Business Continuity Management, Outsourcing Policy, etc.
- Actively participate in ongoing Technology projects and associated risks.
- Support the development of the global framework for management of non-financial risks such operational risk, business risk and reputation risk, technology risk, and business continuity, to meet requirements from internal and external stakeholders.
- Good understanding of multiple businesses operations and technology within the Banking domain.
- Have a process orientation to understand what can go wrong with processes and provide direction to set them right.
- Strong understanding of the Compliance environment (both RBI and SEBI and other regulators) and key regulations impacting the business and operations
Possess a high level of "Emotional Quotient" skills as this role involves interacting with the entire cross section of people within the Bank (both within the Business and with support partners like Compliance and Finance and technology) and working with them to understand issues and also getting things done.
- Demonstrate maturity in handling tough situations faced by bank and provide direction to staff and guide in a manner that protects the interest of the bank.
- A good understanding of the risk framework and ability to identify risks in key processes/ activities done within the Bank.
- Awareness of ISO 9002:2000 or Six sigma concepts will be helpful.
- Some experience in Audit will be beneficial
- Ideal candidates meeting with the above criteria should be CA's or MBA's with with 8 to 10 years of relevant experience.