Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:385 Applications:41 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Assistant Vice President - Migrations - Insurance Domain - ITeS (12-14 yrs)
The incumbent will be responsible in ensuring that the migrations are successful. In addition to enabling seamless migration, the incumbent will also be responsible for building capability of the migration function, bring thought leadership to the table that improves migration set up and implementation.
The incumbent will also lead new business pursuits (RFPs) to develop customized solutions. The incumbent is expected to take over the migration of a specific client engagement as the Lead when an opportunity translates into new business.
- Process Migration. Execute transition of processes with end to end accountability.Establish Robust Project plan, clearly specifying various tollgates, tasks, planned/actual start and closure date, responsibility and completion status. Establish organized - Ways of working- through structured Governance Model and Escalation Matrix. Consultants in this practice will be required to work closely with our clients on onsite projects
- Migration Review. The incumbent will partner with the Business Migration Team to ensure that program and project implementations are meeting or exceeding client and EXL expectations. This will entail periodic review of migrations (jointly with Program Lead and Operations Lead), mentoring of MMs and providing actionable feedback to overcome any challenges observed
- Solution and implementation design. The incumbent will work with the Business Development Team or Strategic Deal Team to build customized solutions for new client engagements. This will entail creating compelling value proposition for the clients, developing migration and implementation solution, providing inputs to effectively price service provision.
- Op-ID & DD. Performs Due diligence/ OP-ID exercise for the trial business and prepare Statement of work, submit the recommendation for outsourcing based on the current capabilities
- Building Capability in Migration Function. The incumbent will be responsible to bring innovation to the migration function by developing new and improved frameworks that will enable more effective migrations. This will entail assessment of new tools that can be employed in migrations, rethinking existing approaches to typical issues, understanding challenges and learning across different engagements and subsequently incorporating these in our migration methodology.
- Training and Development. The incumbent is expected to develop and implement training and development programs for Migration Managers. The trainings could be functional, domain or developmental
- MS Project: Hands-on experience in creating and maintaining project plans. Report out using basic MS Project options
- MS Visio: Create and Maintain process maps
- MS Excel: Create and manage detailed project plan with specific tollgates, milestones, planned/actual start and closure date, responsibility and completion status
- MS Power point: Governance meetings to provide the updates based on the expectations from the target audience
Project Specific Skills - Project management skills. Ability to independently manage the end-to-end Transition project within the allocated budgets and timelines
- Project scoping for new/existing business processes in collaboration with Sales and Account Management
- Understands customer risk/ change appetite and tune up the transition model/ solution accordingly
- Set and manage expectations with both Internal and client stakeholders to ensure Zero surprises
- Interacts with all internal and client departments in project planning, align everyone to buy-in the project vision and work towards the common goal
- Takes ownership and Follow-up with task owners on time to ensure timely and effective completion
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent Communication skills ability to engage with clients as well as internal stakeholders and convince them about the proposed idea, solution
- Consultative Mindset- Out of the box thinking, ability to question status quo
- Self-starter - there are no rigid boundaries in terms of the level of innovation that can be brought, and the incumbent will have to have the ability to be self-motivated to pursue and explore different avenues to come up with the optimum solution
- Ability to operate in a matrix environment - while the Corporate Migration Team does not - own- program implementation, it will have to partner with Business Migration Team and Operation Team to enable successful migrations.
- Domain knowledge - in Finance & Accounts - O2C, P2P & R2R
- Data Gathering and Handling Skills - sorts through complex data; gathers other relevant viewpoints and identifies business impacting issues
- Problem Solving and Decision making Skills
- BPO industry knowledge, including understanding of enabling functions (technology, pricing) and operating environment
- Graduation in any stream (essential)
- Post-graduation, business management (preferred)
- PMP, PRINCE2 certification (preferred)
Work Experience Requirements
- 12+ years of experience, most of which should be in BPO environment
- 8+ years of the BPO experience should be in migrations
- 5+ years of core Project Management/ Solutioning experience.
- Should have Program Management experience of a small to medium size engagements
- Valid Passport
- Valid US Visa