Assistant Vice President - Legal - Real Estate (14-20 yrs)
Leading Real Estate company based out of Bombay is looking for lawyers with about 15-17 years of commercial and residential real estate experience with at least 5-8 years in a law firm is desirable. Details of the role and expectations are elaborated below:
- Candidate should have expert knowledge of Indian Contract Act, Easements Act, Transfer of Property Act, Maharashtra Rent Control Act and other applicable real estate laws.
Candidate should have wide exposure to litigation with good knowledge of procedural law at various courts;
- The Company is looking for someone with strong communication skills with a high degree of legal aptitude, drafting and negotiating skills with an ability to find innovative solutions and must have excellent inter-personal skills.
- The candidate will be responsible for to providing advisory and transactional support to the business teams.
- To provide timely legal advisory support to the business teams in handling the operational and compliance related issues pertaining to the retail business.
- Responsible for the Legal function nationally.
- Responsible for drafting and vetting of various commercial documents, Lease Deeds, Leave & License Agreements, etc.
- Oversee and drive legal negotiations with potential clients.
- Draft and lead the preparation of standard agreements and other templates.
- Represent the Company before various regulatory authorities/Courts of law for resolution of all legal issues.
- Ensure effective litigation management of all cases - driving strategy, identification, appointment and management of external counsel, participate in drafting and filing of necessary suits, petitions, applications, handling all cases and provide timely updates to the management.
- Advise business heads in anticipating and mitigating legal risks.
- Oversee and guide the business teams in the preparation and issue of various notices and correspondence to disputing brands.
- Oversee safe custody of all original documents executed by the Company.
- Ensure adherence to internal control systems (legal audit) to ensure that the set quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure generation of weekly MIS and closely control and monitor critical transactions.
- To update management with relevant legal updates impacting the business.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.