Managing Director at Corporate Search & Placements Pvt. Ltd.
Views:1213 Applications:0 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Assistant Vice President - Legal - NPA Management & Litigation - Bank (8-12 yrs)
We have been retained by our client, a well established, professionally managed multi-national bank, to identify an Assistant Vice President- Legal (NPA Management and Litigation). The position is based at Mumbai.
JOB PURPOSE :
- To provide expert corporate services on a wide range of legal matters for restructuring corporate accounts.
- To maintain a sustained contact with legal professionals and government officials for initiating and follow-ups on legal procedures and finalising various legal agreements.
- Liaise with government departments and regulatory authorities for obtain necessary sanctions and ensure compliance with statutory obligations and ensure timely and effective legal solution to all issues faced by the organization.
- Develop and lead the legal strategy across the business and act as a key point of contact regarding any business legal matters.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Drafting and vetting of Agreements, Deeds, Settlements and consent terms for restructuring corporate accounts.
- Drafting various Petitions, Applications, Replies, and Rejoinders etc. (to be filed in High Courts, Supreme Court and other forums such as CLB, DRT, DRAT, BIFR, AAIFR, Magistrate Courts (S. 138 NIA Complaints), etc.).
- Drafting and settling various notices (Loan Recall Notices, Winding up Notices, Willful Defaulter Notices, SARFAESI Notices, etc. - in respect of NPA - Corporate Accounts)
- Primary responsibility will be to Instruct and brief counsels at all forums for effective recovery drive for various NPA - Corporate Accounts and other legal matter pending at all forums.
- Advise and support businesses in relation to the structuring, negotiation and execution of third party agreements.
- Undertake research and study of legal problems arising in connection with the financing transaction, advice on the financing and regulatory implications of the transaction.
- Provide the legal framework for financing operations (drafting, advisory support, conclusion of contracts and completion of all related legal formalities) and monitor them from a legal viewpoint.
- Develop an effective legal function across & support the Legal & Compliance Department to identify and manage legal risk.
- Participate in the development of processes, policies and procedures designed to reduce legal risk and/or increase the efficiency of the team. Proactively advise on and help to manage important changes in law and regulation.
- Monitor trends in the regulatory and statutory environment for their impact on an organisation and suggest an action plan for addressing them.
- Ensure that external legal engagements are coordinated and effective and provide support for panel arrangements when required.
- Drive the development and maintenance of good relationships with internal and external business stakeholders at appropriate levels ensuring an open and cooperative environment.
- Provide legal advice, briefings, recommendations and reports on material legal risks and issues to business, country and functional stakeholders.
- Standardize and develop credit documentation.
- Representing the department in organizational committees and deliberations.
- Liaise with the business units and external lawyers on updates and attend court cases wherever required.
- Regular review of progress of outstanding litigations and liaise with and manage external lawyers
DESIRED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES :
- Good judgment enabling the provision of sound advice in difficult areas of law, regulation and practice and the proactive management of legal risk.
- Securitization and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002 (SARFAESI Act)
- Good grasp and knowledge of Corporate Laws, RBI Rules, Regulations & Guidelines, RDDBFI Act, SARFAESI Act, CDR Mechanism, SEBI Guidelines.
- Must possess strong team player qualities, excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Sound judgment on business practices, and reputational risk.
- Personal authority and integrity with proven ability to establish relationships and exert influence at the country level.
- Independence, robustness ethics and resilience.
- Excellent financial & analytical skills.
- Strong conviction and positive attitude.
- Must be responsive, able to work under pressure and foster and contribute to a collegiate and friendly working environment.
CANDIDATE PROFILE :
- Candidates should have a degree in Law, with between 8 to 12 years relevant experience in Banks/Law Firms.
Interested candidates meeting with the above requirements may please respond with a recent photograph and resume in word format
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.