Senior Consultant at Mancer Consulting Services
Views:523 Applications:134 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Assistant Vice President - Legal Counsel - BFSI/BPO/IT/Telecom (10-16 yrs)
Assistant Vice President - Legal Counsel
JOB PURPOSE :
- To support the Head, Legal, Group Commercial as a member of the Group Commercial Legal Centre of Excellence in Bangalore. The role will have a specific focus on delivering legal advice and support to review, draft and negotiate Group technology and other commercial contracts (including amendments and renewals) with vendors and other third parties across the Groups global footprint.
- To provide additional legal support to the Groups Technology Legal team and Country Legal teams where required on strategic procurement matters.
- To promote a culture and practice of good conduct of business and adherence to legal standards within the Group.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- To review, advise, draft and negotiate multi-country technology and commercial procurement contracts to ensure they meet the Groups third-party contract standards and applicable law. This will include software, market data and subscription licences, escrow agreements, hardware, equipment/device purchases and support/maintenance services, business process outsourcing and other general goods and services agreements, including intragroup arrangements.
- To provide helpdesk support for the Groups Supply Chain Management team and Country Legal teams.
- To analyse potential risks involved with specific contract teams and other risk owners.
- To keep up to date with relevant policies and procedures and applicable law.
- To provide stakeholders with accurate and timely information and advice regarding the status of technology and commercial contract matters.
- To support with continuous improvement initiatives in relation to contract processes, workflow, guidance, playbooks and templates and provide training on contract legal issues.
- To collaborate and coordinate with other legal teams across the Group to ensure appropriate overall matter management. Where external counsel is appointed, to manage the engagement, oversee the quality of work and effective delivery of legal support and to manage external legal costs.
- To support on team management and administration tasks where required.
- Responsible for adhering to the Group Contracts Policy, the Group process for supplier contracts and the Groups third-party risk management framework.
KEY BEHAVIOURS :
Regulatory & Business Conduct :
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Groups Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Taking personal and team responsibility for achieving the outcomes set out in the Banks Conduct Principles.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Commercial : pragmatic, creative, practical and solution-oriented.
- Proactive : able to use initiative and ready to identify issues without being asked and provide advice accordingly.
- Flexible : able and willing to work long hours and, at short notice, travel to and work in challenging environments for prolonged periods of time (if required).
- Team player : personable, responsible, helpful.
- Organised : able to prioritise workload and manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines. Strong attention to detail to highlight potential risks in contracts and errors.
- Reliable, tactful, discreet, diplomatic: able to work with board members, other senior staff and persons of different nationalities and from different cultures, have good judgment and strong decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated : able to operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Energetic: enthusiastic about the role, the function and the Group.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE :
- Must be a qualified lawyer in a common law jurisdiction (solicitor, attorney or barrister) with 7+ years post qualification experience
- A good knowledge and understanding of technology and commercial contract requirements including intellectual property and data protection.
Experience of outsourcing is preferred but not essential :
- Experience in contract legal support (in-house or private practice) and business acumen
- Experience in reviewing contracts using contract templates and/or using contract guidance/playbooks
- Ability to draft contract terms to meet requirements
- Ability to negotiate contract terms with third parties
- Understanding of risk management techniques
- Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience
KEY STAKEHOLDERS :
- Supply Chain Management
- Relevant Business units and Group Functions
- Group Technology and Country Legal teams