Managing Director at Corporate Search & Placements Pvt. Ltd.
Views:3402 Applications:93 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:89
Assistant Vice President - Legal - Corporate Trustee Firm (10-15 yrs)
We have been retained by our client, a well established, professionally managed, Corporate Trustee Company to identify an Assistant Vice President - Legal to be based at Mumbai. The trust company acts as a custodian for trusts, estates, custodial arrangements, asset management, stock transfer, beneficial ownership registration and other related arrangements. The company also offers corporate formation and market entry services, due diligence, enforcement and monitoring services to both domestic and foreign entities including banks, financial institutions, corporates, funds, governments, insurance companies, non-profit organisations and high net worth individuals.
- Develop and lead the legal strategy across the business and act as a key point of contact regarding any business legal matters.
- Liaise with government departments and regulatory authorities for obtain necessary sanctions and ensure timely and effective legal solution to all issues faced by the organization.
Key Responsibilities :
- Drafting and vetting of documents and agreements related to Debenture issuances, Security Trustee transaction, Project Finance, Securitisation, Private Equity & Venture Capital Funds alternate investment fund and other funds, intellectual property rights and other products.
- To advise internal management on various regulatory and legal issues and assist in developing internal policies in line with Compliance needs.
- Brief attorneys and legal counsels for ongoing matters.
- Responsible for day to day legal activities and monitoring.
- Review and provide legal advice on documents, agreements etc.
- Review ongoing cases and advise management accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate course of action have/need to been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- To conduct research relating to transactions that are hit by FEMA and SEBI, RBI, Companies Act, Indian Contract Act and other statutes.
- Provide training for staff on an on-going basis, particularly on any relevant changes in laws and regulations.
- Provide updates on any relevant changes in applicable laws and regulations on a timely basis.
Desired Skills/Competencies :
- Candidate should have an exposure in commercial, trust, fund and banking laws.
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Have strong interpersonal, analytical and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and build strong and effective partnerships to work with the broader legal teams.
- Thorough understanding of legal nuances of Trustee company's operations, procedures etc.
- Have an investigative instinct and analytical mindset and have demonstrated these qualities in previous roles.
- Excellent project management skills in order to manage delivery of the testing program.
- Demonstrate clear and concise communication, presentation and report writing skills.
- Have good organizational skills, with an ability to manage and prioritize deliverables in order to meet deadlines as required.
- Able to identify and escalate issues timely and appropriately.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and respond to business needs and goals.
- Able to demonstrate and provide commitment for a long term career.
Candidates Profile :
- Ideal candidates must be qualified Chartered Accountants/Company Secretaries with a degree in Law and with 10 to 15 years experience in Law firm or Trustee company.
Interested candidates meeting with the above requirements may please respond with a recent photograph and resume in word format.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.