HR Recruiter at New Avenues Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Views:393 Applications:96 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Assistant Vice President - KYC Procedure Training - Bank (5-12 yrs)
Wholesale Onboarding and Group Financial Crime Operations
Overall Purpose of Role
This role will be responsible for defining and delivery of the KYC AML training activities across the Client Onboarding and Client Maintenance teams across the Operations teams across Corporate and Investment Bank. The role holder will report to VP: Head of Policy, Regulation and Quality Controls.
- The role holder will have 1-2 direct reports, primarily at BA4 level, and will be accountable for defining the vision, scope and execution of the Operations procedural training programmes of work to support the KYC Onboarding and Maintenance activities. This role will work closely with the Financial Crime, Compliance and central training functions to ensure compliance to AML policy.
- The role holder will also have responsibility of ensuring that relevant procedures, in line with policy, are kept up to date and the associated training modules are kept accurate and timely.
- The role will be instrumental in supporting the teams to be able to effectively execute in their responsibilities to time, quality and efficiency. The strategic intention is for the role holder to be instrumental in creating and embedding a BI wide training academy.
- The role holder will work within a complex and diverse business area, and is responsible for setting the strategy for overall training across KYC Onboarding & Maintenance working in conjunction with the BI leadership, Financial Crime, Compliance and other key Group functions. The role holder will also be accountable for the strategic delivery and execution of all agreed priorities across this area.
- The role holder can be based within the UK and travel will be required as needed globally including Asia, India and UK depending on role holder home location.
- Through the delivery of this Transaction Cycle, the role holder will play a critical part in the delivery of the Service Company for this suite of services.
Specifically, the role holder will;
- Be responsible for ensuring timely, effective and compliant training is delivered across 400+ FTE globally.
- Own, create and deliver a strategy for operations KYC procedure training across BI as defined in the overall transaction cycle
- Responsible for the delivery and implementation of the KYC, Onboarding transaction cycle training modules, associated procedures and playbooks including the strategic design and execution of the technology solutions to support the training requirements
- In partnership with the transaction cycle leadership, be accountable for the identification of end to end process optimisation, driving digital innovation, efficiency and client service improvement initiatives
- Define, deliver and embed relevant training for all colleagues across the function and work with the leadership teams to optimise knowledge sharing and transfer across the front to back teams involved in this TC
- Responsible for building relationships across the teams to ensure multi-skilling of teams is achieved to drive optimisation of processes across the transaction cycle
Stakeholder Management & Leadership
- Thought leadership across a rapidly changing operations with key stakeholder management at a senior level is a key responsibility. The role holder will be accountable for the strategic design, set up and implementation of a new BI training academy program, ensuring they obtain buy in from senior stakeholders across the wider operations function.
- Hunger to learn about the business and ability to absorb new information rapidly
- This role will stretch across the entire KYC, Onboarding & Fulfilments transaction cycle therefore will need the ability to assimilate new issues, understand the context and absorb the new facts and then find solutions
- Excellent communications skills - must be able to both work with senior stakeholders and communicate complex issues to senior business leaders, both verbally and via presentations
- Able to cope and thrive in a high pressure and rapidly changing environment. Willing and able to - roll sleeves up- and deliver what is required to meet the team needs
- Strong personal administration and technical skills. Able to organise themselves and their work and bring structure to unstructured situations
- Results driven, fully accountable for own initiatives
Decision-making & Problem Solving :
- This role is required to engage and influence at both a senior level but also at the analyst level of the transaction cycle. This role will need to interpret data, analyse MI, understand trends and then implement into procedures / training solutions that align to the strategic objectives as outlined by transaction cycle senior leadership group.
- The role will need to be pragmatic and understand the broader elements of KYC / AML.
- This role is required to be able to exercise self-judgement and make key decisions in implementing initiatives.
- Role holder must be able to work collaboratively with other key business areas so that where possible joint strategic solutions are defined that can be made available across the wider Operations functions. Role holder must be able to influence well and convey complex messaging.
Risk & Control Objective :
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards.
Person Specification :
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in a business-related field;
- 3+ year's experience in the Operations & Technology environment.
- 3+ years experience in KYC and AML for a global financial institution.
The role holder will have proven track record/skills in;
- A strategic innovative change environment along with strong business analysis skills
- A good degree of knowledge in the Operations & Technology environment
- A good understanding of KYC and AML
- Experience of working with senior business owners
- Proven enterprise and thought leadership and people management, with specific experience of managing across different geographies, including matrix reporting
- A good understanding of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills with senior stakeholders
- Advanced communication skills able to message clearly across all levels within the organisation