Hiring Lead at Havoc Consultants
Views:2820 Applications:118 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:47
Assistant Vice President - Internal Audit - Cement - CA (8-30 yrs)
Qualified CA with 8+ years experience in internal audit and exposure in cement industry is a must.
1. Review policies & procedures in all functions and recommend measures to strengthen them. It involves:
- Policies & procedures for each function are comprehensively defined, documented & strictly followed.
- Schedule of approvals (delegation of powers) are properly defined and complied.
- All systems (mainly IT systems) are reliable and have adequate controls for safeguards.
- Reporting systems are reliable and transparent.
- Standard procedures issued by Company are adopted and practiced.
- Liaison with Company's Corporate Audit on audit plans and practices and reporting
2. Ensure compliance of practices as per policy and procedures:
- Prepare and plan the audit programs
- Carry out audit of functional areas (sales, purchase, finance, marketing, manufacturing, IT etc) to assess compliance, identify weaknesses and recommend strengthening measures.
- Monitor plan, analyze information and finalize reports
- Discuss recommendations with department heads
- Prepare audit reports for Board Audit Sub-Committee & follow-up on implementation of recommendations
3. Ensure adequate, efficient and reliable systems & processes are developed and practiced.
- Assess scope for re-engineering of business processes and develop such solutions wherever required.
- Participate in development and evaluation of new systems (manual and IT systems) and processes.
- Audit the logic, process and control and security aspects of IT systems.
4. Assess business risk for the company
- Establish formal process for:
- Identification of major business risks for Company - both internal and external in operational and strategic areas
- Appropriate organization & responsibility for handling risks
- Increasing visibility of risks across the company by:
- Assessing financial implications of risks
- Ensuring that all risks are taken into account in budgeting, planning and controlling processes
- Providing reassurance to management on major risks by:
- Establishing assurance processes in each function
- Assessing effectiveness of performance management system
- Field assessment focused on key areas
5. Function as internal consulting resource to assess issues of importance and develop appropriate solutions. Carry out reviews to identify potential for improvement and value creation by:
- Efficient deployment of organization, manpower & processes
- Economical and efficient use of resources and assets
- Value creation from capital investments and other projects
- Implementation of best management practices
6. Carry out special projects involving cross-functional teams - eg. manufacturing plan, new projects evaluation and feasibility, financing, etc
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.