Deputy Manager at ABC Consultants
Views:257 Applications:51 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Assistant Vice President - Index Analyst - Research & Equity Advisory Division - Bank (5-9 yrs)
Diversity Need Apply.
- Bank Global Markets Limited develops a range of rules-based investment strategy Indices and offers investment solutions for both institutional and individual investors enabling exposure to investment allocation strategies through Index linked financial products. The range of strategies target cross-asset investment themes leveraging full spectrum of financial instruments and seek to respond to investors' needs for innovation, risk mitigation, transparency in systematic investments and to balance efficient implementation with solid investment rationale.
- Shall be considered an Administrator of Indices within the definition of a "Benchmark" as set out in Global Financial Benchmark Administration Policy and is primarily responsible for all aspects of the Benchmark Administration process, including development, determination, dissemination and governance.
- Bank Investment Strategies as a part of derivatives and structured financial products businesses is responsible for development of Index ideas focused on systematic, rules-based, investable investment strategy Indices. Index Governance Committee ("IGC") is responsible for providing governance and internal oversight in all aspects of Benchmark Administration activity.
We offer :
As a part of Research & Equity Advisory division ("Bank Research"), independent from "Bank Research", is responsible for implementing Index ideas in the form of investable benchmarks, testing Index methodologies, benchmark determination and dissemination process which includes ongoing calculation, publication and maintenance of benchmarks. BAT is a global team with offices in London, Hong Kong, Mumbai, New York and Buffalo and continued growth in business has meant that we are looking to increase the size of BAT globally.
This is an opportunity to join Mumbai team in a role with primary responsibilities -
- Data management including securities maintenance internally, cross vendor identifier mapping, market data maintenance which includes price, corporate events, exchange calendars
- Process improvements in data management
- Ongoing maintenance which includes calculation, reconciliation and reporting for cross-asset benchmarks
- Develop understanding of Index calculation models
You offer :
- Numerate background with a Bachelor's/PG degree is essential
- 2+ years relevant experience, out of 5-6 years of total experience.
- Proven work experience to interface with databases preferably in finance related field
- Hands on experience in excel is mandatory
- Understanding of databases and SQL is essential
- Knowledge of Python is a plus
- Knowledge of corporate events handling in Indices would be beneficial and experience with working on Indices is a plus
- Knowledge of Market Data services (Bloomberg, Reuters) would be beneficial
- Self-driven, quick learner, motivated individual
- A thorough and detailed approach to work
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Good communication
- Accuracy with strong attention to detail
- Methodical approach and strong organizational capabilities
- Efficiency and speed in carrying out tasks
- Good interpersonal skills and proven team player
- Possess a positive attitude, drive and initiative