Recruitment at Black Turtle
Views:2304 Applications:105 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:74
Assistant Vice President - Financial Reporting - Mutual Funds (10-15 yrs)
The purpose of the job is to provide end to end support to investment company clients for timely completion of preparation of financial statements, portfolio schedules and associated mandatory reporting's within stringent deadlines for audit / review and successful submission to the regulators.
Selected candidates will be required to work in 2 pm to 11 pm IST shift for first 3-4 months to allow reasonable overlap with US hours and allow for trainings, on the job practice, feedback etc.
- Manage relationships with client companies, making sure that requests are being met and that clients are satisfied with the level of service.
- Monitor day-to-day management of team members and actively manage and maintain successful long-term relationships of assigned clients, and proactively escalate issues to Unit Head
- Collaborate with appropriate teams globally to ensure consistent service delivery, client solutions and client satisfaction. Also may need to play as Governance with our JVs.
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff and responsible for completing and delivering PPRs on time
- Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work, determine promotions, and terminate employment.
- Manage the implementation of all standard practices, processes, tools, etc. and initiatives and technology enhancements, while assessing operational effectiveness and making suggestions to streamline functions
- Contribute to enhancing our regulatory standing and execute on critical regulatory and control management plans, including those contributing to the successful execution of ORI initiatives.
- Proactively manage risk at the business level. Ensure appropriate procedures are in place for team, recommend additional controls and risk management strategies.
- Responsible for client communication and implementation of new regulatory requirements/disclosures that impact the financial statements
- Perform 1st, 2nd, risk-based and targeted reviews on client financial statements, NQ, Form N-MFP, N-SAR, etc.
- Ensure all regulatory filings are made on time
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization n Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred, CA preferred
- Well versed with US GAAP/ IFRS etc.
- 10+ years of experience in mutual funds/Hedge funds Financial Reporting & accounting, auditing or related business activity.
- Strong financial reporting, regulatory compliance and tax skills.
- Well versed with US GAAP/IFRS etc.
- Ability to develop business relationships, both within and outside of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of SEC, IRS, and general ledger accounting requirements and laws as they apply to investment companies, Trusts, Partnerships and other fund structures services by GISG.
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills.
- Computer proficient.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.