Principal Consultant at Jubilant HR Consultant
Views:10784 Applications:639 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:159
Assistant Vice President - Financial Reporting - Life Insurance - CA (10-15 yrs)
Our Clients are a well established Life Insurance Company. They are a joint venture between a diversified financial services conglomerate in India, and one of the oldest life insurance companies in the world. Headquartered at Mumbai, it has Pan India presence through its various branches and currently has an employee strength of 1500+ employees.
Role : AVP- Financial Reporting
Qualification - Chartered Accountant with relevant experience.
General Accounting :
- A full understanding of accruals accounting and the impact of entries on profit and loss account, the balance sheet and the cash flow statement.
- Niche around various analytical connections between various accounting line items and complete accounting framework
- Interpret and apply existing, new, or revised accounting principles and concepts to make accounting more accurate and more closely comply with reporting requirements
- IGAAP and IFRS/IndAS experience and knowledge
Specialised Insurance Accounting :
- Advance understanding to comprehend and translate various features of the product and funds into Insurance accounting language meeting the accounting standards, policies and regulatory guidelines.
Accounting Operations :
- Ability to institutionalize Operational controls (both manual and system based) along with SLA management on all kind of accounting operations
- Niche in quick understanding of possible gaps from time to time due to various dynamics impacting operational procedures.
- Ability to bring overall efficiency, productivity and accuracy in all the accounting operational procedures / interconnected process.
- Able to collaborate with various department and stakeholders to streamline overall accounting operations
- Able to build various monitoring control dashboards for management review
- Good expertise in analysing the data and information from accounting system and expertise in filtering the same as per need of various stakeholders such as auditors, management, regulator etc
- Very good in managing various external auditors such as Stat Auditors, IRDAI and other regulators.
Risk Management :
- Identifies and manages the risks of failing to detect a misstatement, caused by inadvertent error or fraud that is material to financial statements.
- Able to develop RCSA for all kind of processes and procedures being followed in the domain being managed.
- Structured documentation (SOPs) to be developed, implemented and timely updated for bringing in more clarity among all team members and stakeholders.
- Manages all actionables (which are arising out of various audit and risk assessment ) to be implemented as per set out timelines and expectations
Reporting and Analytical Proficiency :
- Knowledge of entire flow of any accounting transaction and its impact on FS. Critical review of financials . Must have an eye for details. Deep understanding of accounting polices and notes to accounts. Understand and substantiate variances in two periods.
- Able to put clarity around Expense Management Framework with proper data and vectors
- Understanding and application of applicable Accounting standards/Ind AS. Can design and set up accounting policies. Analysis of all new pronouncements and pro active impact assessment on ETLI Financials/ Reporting.
- Good understanding of the reporting requirement and links with various report and systems, and file all IRDA and regulatory reporting with Zero non Compliance and with in stipulated time lines.
- Able to draw conclusions and assess impact from analysis and interpretation of financial data
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.