Vertical Head - EMPI at Krehsst Recruitment Solutions
Views:991 Applications:282 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Assistant Vice President - Finance/Treasury - Engineering Firm (15-22 yrs)
You will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and perform an essential function within the Financial Leadership Team, helping build consensus and commitment necessary to ensure effective implementation across corporate functions and operating groups. You will manage a team of professional staff and be responsible for garnering direct support from the Operating Groups where specific business expertise and knowledge of the market is needed. This position offers excellent growth opportunities within a progressive and fast-growing company.
Responsibilities Include :
Financial Forecasting and Planning:
- Develop and maintain annual plan (budget) including the periodic (monthly/quarterly) forecast requirements, schedule, instructions, and guidance to both Operating Groups and Corporate Organizations.
- Manage timely and accurate completion of consolidated financial plans and quarterly forecasts.
- Summarize the consolidated annual plan, evaluate, make recommendations, and present consolidated results for management review.
- Develop standard analytical tools to further aid Operating Groups in their financial planning and analysis, and provide training to key stakeholders impacted by planning and forecasting activities.
- Develop and implement a company-wide planning/forecasting/performance reporting system, including One Stream and other tools.
- Monitor and track actual versus plan/forecast results.
- Develop an approach to prepare the multi-year strategic financial plan in consultation with Operating Group Business Managers and Company's Strategy department.
- Provide earnings call support including schedule control, compiling data and preparing Q&A.
Performance Reporting And Analysis
- Oversee and provide functional design requirements for the IT systems used to generate performance reporting information. Drive implementation of new performance reports.
- Prepare monthly executive review packages and Board of Director financial packages.
- Prepare quarterly financial analysis to support the earnings calls.
- Perform detailed analysis of operations performance including indirect rate trends-highlighting areas for improvement.
- Prepare year-end bonus analysis and financial accrual.
Forward Pricing Rates :
- Manage Forward Pricing Rate planning process and development of supporting tools. Prepare Forward Pricing submission annually.
- Work with relevant auditors and support the Forward Pricing Audits.
- Monitor, analyze and report on actual versus plan performance with regard to all indirect rates.
- Oversee and provide requirements for indirect cost structure study and potential restructuring in support of financial accounting system conversion needs and timeframe.
Treasury Management :
- Plan for the long term and short term fund requirements and determine the ideal mix of the two based on organizational needs
- Analyze the cost implications and various nuances for both long and short term; Consider the various options for long term such as rupee loan external commercial borrowing, non-convertible debentures, etc. and for the short term working capital funding, commercial paper, packing credit, etc.
- Put up the plan and take necessary approvals and meet the requirements
- Meet with Banks and MFs for commercial paper to evaluate and arrive at the better cost of funds
- Factor all invoices receivable, evaluate receivables, interact with the bank and negotiate rate for factoring product; Share notices with customers to inform them of factoring
- For the cash-rich subsidiaries, support in making short term investments and rate evaluation
- Maintain active relationships with banks, FCNR, MFs, etc. to meet the treasury requirements of the organization
Forex Management :
- Ascertain receivables and payables for next 6 months; Determine hedge policy to minimize loss on Forex and strive for balance on natural hedge situation;
- Define the policy and related decisions, and also implement the Forex policy M&A Financial Analysis And Special Projects
- Collaborate with the M&A department to prepare financial forecasts for Target companies and consolidate internal and target forecasts.
- Ensure that the Valuation Model/Forecast from M&A department and Operating Group plan/forecast are consistent. Evaluate the financial impact of Targets on the Company's project performance and indirect rate structure.
Qualifications And Experience :
- 15+years of experience of financial analysis, preferably including 5+ years of experience as a leader in an FP&A and Treasury function.
- 5+ years of direct staff management experience and proven ability to effectively lead resources from other parts of the company.
- Experience building, leading and developing a high-performing team of financial professionals is essential.
- Successful experience in leading the functional design and implementation of a financial forecasting and performance management reporting systems and tools.
- Demonstrated expertise of financial analysis and corporate finance theory and application.
- Demonstrated expertise with financial modeling skills, including experience consolidating budgets, forecasts, and longer-range plans.
- Experience creating, communicating, executing and sustaining strategic initiatives across complex organizations.
- Experience with government accounting regulations and related indirect rate structures.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
Preferred Qualifications :
- CPA or CFA
- Experience working in Federal, Commercial, and International consulting
- Experience in working in Manufacturing / Automotive / Industrial Product Manufacturing is a MUST
Professional Skills :
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills with demonstrated high emotional intelligence, a passion for teamwork, and a rigorous drive for results to address the challenges of strategic financial leadership in a fast-growth environment.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, with extensive experience writing both technical financial opinions and clear communications of financial principles to a non-financial audience.
- Superb analytical and qualitative strategic thinking capabilities and outstanding influencing and collaboration skills.
- High level of integrity and values, including compliance with all legal and ethical standards