Founder at Wellspring Consultancy
Views:1167 Applications:377 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:362
Assistant Vice President - Employee Relations - BFS (12-16 yrs)
We are hiring an Assistant Vice President - Employee Relations for our Financial Services client based at Bangalore location.
Responsible for advising and consulting business unit management, HR, and employees on various employee relations issues, including employment law, employee counseling, violations of policy, progressive discipline, involuntary terminations, interpretation and administration of corporate human resources policies and procedures. Responsible for identifying, analyzing, avoiding, and resolving employee relations problems via investigative, committee and project work.
- Graduate/Post graduate with specialization in Human Resources with 12 or more years of experience.
- Excellent analytical and verbal/written communication skills; capable of effectively interfacing with partners at every level.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serves as an expert on employee relations, including interpreting company and business unit policies, progressive discipline (for violations of policy), involuntary terminations, and safety and security. Consults and collaborates with management, HR, HR Compliance Officer, Legal and other centers of expertise regarding same.
- Responsible for facilitating improvements in policies, practices, procedures based on learnings from investigations.
- Conducts investigations (under the attorney-client privilege when necessary) into sensitive/complex employment situations; provides guidance to business unit management and HR regarding employee counseling, progressive discipline, and involuntary terminations.
- Consults with management, HR, and Legal with respect to findings.
- Participates in special committees to formulate/discuss Human Resources policy for the bank and to address/resolve violations of company policy.
- Assists Region Employee Relations Manager in record-keeping, including status reports on pending cases, internal employee complaints/issues; analyzes trends; provides statistical analyses of employee population; assists the Regional Employee Relations Manager in formulating guidelines and conducting briefings for management and HR.
- Identifies specific business unit employee relations needs. Works with appropriate HR or business unit representatives to plan, develop, and implement solutions. Acts as a liaison for ER to the business in order to facilitate the smooth delivery of various employee relations initiatives.
- Handles more extensive, high-profile work.
- Strategic in developing, implementing and administering HR programs within functional areas.
- Determines best methods for discovering and communicating to the appropriate audiences changes in laws and regulations and takes an active role in the implementation of those changes so as to be fully compliant.
- Delivers training on ER-related topics, as required.
- Leads projects to completion.